Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Cell Review

Is this a very rolly piece? Did you adjust the cover? Can you consider the ball to be a skid/ snap or rolly curving?
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

Can you consider this ball to be skid/snap or rolly curve?
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

Bowler
    Chats: 20

iv heard its a skid snap type of ball

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Rogue Cell Review

I thought Roto Grip’s coloring of the Rogue Cell was kind of neat. The ball is supposed to be in between the Cell and the Cell Pearl in reaction. What’s cool is they made part of the Cell Rogue look like the Cell and the other part of it look like the Cell Pearl. It looks like the hybrid it is supposed to be!

Not only does the ball look like a cross of the two, it also fits in between the two in the reaction. It gets through the heads easier than my Cell but not near as long as the Pearl, picks up a good, heavy mid-lane roll like the Cell, then finishes on the back end in between the two (it is much smoother on the back-end than the Pearl but finishes harder than my Cell).

On house shots the ball has been awesome. Last night in league, I shot 733 with two awful shots that left splits. It took me about five frames to get lined up the first game but after that I only lost three hits. One was a swishing 10 (probably a bad rack), a six pin as the shot broke down, and a weak 7 on a weak shot. Every other shot in the pocket struck. The ball really reacts good in the oil as I am able to move further inside the oil line than usual and avoid the overreacting dry.

I also used the ball in a six gamer on a house shot a couple of weeks ago. Since it was a new ball, I tried throwing other stuff first (I always like throwing new stuff but get in trouble with them). I dug myself a deep hole after three games with the old stuff, switched to the Cell Rogue and shot 300, 24+ and 23+ to win a high game and place in other side pots. Should have switched earlier!

Bowler

tommy told me that the rogue cell is supose to snap and hook more then the cell not between the pearl and cell...

What is Bowling?

You bet! I've been throwing Roto Grip exclusively for over a year now. It all started when Dan Smith drilled me a ball at the Sr High Roller about 4 years ago. I made it to the semi-finals and have thrown them consistently since then. The attraction was reinforced when I had a super USBC tournament a couple of years ago with an SD73 (what a great ball that is!). This year at nationals I shot 1988 with my Cell Pearl.

What is Bowling?

Default Rogue Cell Review

Rogue Cell

To revisit the Cell. Again if you haven't thrown one your missing out. The Cell core creates a shape and predictability no other balls have matched. For tougher patterns its hard to find a better look or success than the Cell. No other ball has been able to maintain the differential as long as the cell.

The 3rd installment of the cell series and possibly the most versatile. I've drill all 3 the same with a modified RICO layout. I didn’t think there would be much different from the first 2 but I was wrong. While the original Cell is by far the earliest of the series and the Pearl Cell is the longest. The Rogue fits easily in between. The Rogue provides great overall control of the lane with its Hybrid coverstock. Definitely not suited for drier patterns but easily adjust with a little polish.

The way I see it this makes lane play a little easier.

Where do you want to attack the lanes.
    Heads: Cell
    Mids: Rogue
    Backend: Cell Pearl

The Rogue Cell could be this years best stimulus package!

Kelly O'Driscoll
    Roto Grip Staff

What is Bowling?

Default Rogue Cell review

This ball rolls as advertised. You get the strong midlane roll like the Cell with a more defined breakpoint and backend motion similar to the Cell Pearl. This ball gives me an additional 4-5 boards on the backend than the original Cell.
    Ball is drilled 4 1/4 inch pin to pap and 4 3/4 inch MB to pap. Out of box, I'm able to use the Rogue on heavy volumes of oil. Out of box, the ball was a little too aggressive for the typical house shots I encounter. To combat this, I've used Storms step 3 polish. The ball is extremely versatile with cover changes.

Bowler

i jsut put a $100 down on a 15lb rogue cell!!!! gonne be drilled same as my cell is now (which i have NO idea how its drilled) but my cell is **** on the wet lanes which i am basicly on all the time!
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    high game: 265
    high series: 616
    high hani game: 295
    ^^^
    all happened the same day!!!!!

Im considering picking one up. Not that I really need another ball but I wanna own everything!!!!
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com

Balls: Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm GravityShift, Roto Grip Neptune, Columbia 300 Wrath Dead Flush, Brunswick Twisted Fury

Avg 186
    High Game/Series 288/688

AKA Jrock

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast