Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Contest Ideas Thread

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Exclamation Official Contest Ideas Thread

Hello BowlingBoards.com Bowling Members.

BowlingBoards.com is a Bowling site for Bowlers, so why shouldn't you have a voice in how this forum operates? When you speak we listen. This is another reason why we are setting the bar it terms of online Bowling Forums.

So I turn to you.

What type of contests would you like to see here?

We are going to be giving away bowling balls and gear and we need contests for these months of prizes.

So let me know your ideas and rules.

I have adopted an outside agency to do any sort of random drawing we do based on numbers, not user names. So for an example if you are member 234 you would win and so on.

THIS MONTHS CONTEST WILL START MARCH 15th through April 15th

Thanks for your help
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 3

You could do some sort of a drawing where every certain number of posts a person makes as of the starting date of the contest earns them an entry into the contest.
    That could be a good idea to promote new members posting in the forums.

You could also do something creative like making a short film related to bowling, or designing banners for the website.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    You could do some sort of a drawing where every certain number of posts a person makes as of the starting date of the contest earns them an entry into the contest.
    That could be a good idea to promote new members posting in the forums.

You could also do something creative like making a short film related to bowling, or designing banners for the website.

I have been thinking about a video made for youtube, but I am not sure who could even do it.

I have been working on something that will make each user a chart in a way. You get points for every post, referral, friends, thank you and so on.

we could give a new ball to a different person who has the best point totals.

But really we have a few days still

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

I like the idea about the # of posts a person does
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by onefrombills View Post
    I like the idea about the # of posts a person does

You would! Brian is our very own RSS feed. To compete I'd have to make each post one word long. The previous sentence would take 11 posts. If I must, though...

Chats: 0

Then there are those of us who cannot post while working - I doubt the Admins would like to come into my class and see me posting when I'm supposed to be teaching.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    Then there are those of us who cannot post while working - I doubt the Admins would like to come into my class and see me posting when I'm supposed to be teaching.

I think we will have a new ball every 4 to 6 weeks based on the contest. So I am sure we will get so people happy with the contests and others who will dislike what we are doing.

I want to do some contests with people who have over 50 to 75 post, so that they are rewarded for their hard work.

Maybe some for people who bowl leagues. Say you bowl your best game ever or something. Really its easy to give stuff away, hard to find ways to do it.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 3

I still like the idea with the number of posts. Most of us, even with work, get on here for a short period of time daily.

Otherwise you're going to get people registering and making one post to enter the contest, without really adding anything to the boards. Doing the contest with the number of posts encourages people to start discussions and post in threads...which will liven things up around here.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

I still like the idea with the number of posts. Most of us, even with work, get on here for a short period of time daily.

Otherwise you're going to get people registering and making one post to enter the contest, without really adding anything to the boards. Doing the contest with the number of posts encourages people to start discussions and post in threads...which will liven things up around here.

Sounds good maybe we will do this next time
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 19

True, but there's really no way to regulate that, because if you had a post count minimum, people would just post random 10 character posts to get their count up, and the board will be filled with junk.

I would think it'd be more beneficial to the site to have an pre-determined contest end date that is not announced to the members. Then make a condition where you have to claim the prize within 24 hours or a new winner will be drawn. That would force people to check the site daily, giving the site hits, and making sponsors quite happy.

Plus, in my defense, I used to be a very active member, but my job has really forced me to work longer hours (can't complain, at least I still HAVE a job, which is nice in this economy), and I don't have internet access at work. By the time I get home, I might check the board, but normally I just eat and go to bed. So am I not allowed to enter the contests based on post counts? It's not that I don't WANT to post, it's just that I don't have nearly as much time these days.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast