Thread: I am losing my mind.

Default I am losing my mind.

I am in a rut right know and can not figure out what I am doing wrong. I am bowling pretty good for the first 2 games then when I start moving to follow the shot I start splitting and missing. I have had a couple guys I bowl with watch me throw and they can't see anything different from game to game.. The strangest part is that when they are struggling I can tell them what they need to adjust. Maybe I should just stop bowling and start working with guys as a coach. I have been working with 1 guy from my team to get him to throw a hook ball and his Average is up 15 pins 3 months. But yet I struggle in the last game.
    "MAN, I LOVE THIS GAME!!"
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

If the problem happens when you start to adjust in the 3rd game, Try being counter-intuitive in your adjustments. If you normally move left, trying to follow the oil. You try going right, up your speed and/or adjust your release for playing the right.

A lot of times I find that the shot "Goes back" to where it started in the third game. So I go back to where I started the night, if anything this will show you just how & how much the lanes have changed. Which will give you a better idea of what to adjust to get your line back.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Yes, a lot of times the lanes get very squirrely in the last game. My mindset goes, "Well, the stuff that should work isn't, so what's the opposite?" Mostly I can find the pocket again, but I'll have problems carrying. And as bowl1820 says, try the initial shot. It might be back there. I was surprised how often it was.

lets say if i was in this position i will try and follow the oil..the drier the lanes the more squirty or snap happy the ball will be
    so i,m with the above posters change your speed and your angle a bit also and try moving up or back on the approach before you bowl.like others have said i can get it in the pocket but have a hardtime carrying at times...thats whats killing me..no carry..

i bowl on wood so i,m all over the freakin place alot of times here lately..
    goodluck
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Chats: 1

Like 11-in-a-row, I also bowl on wood lanes. For me, I find that my armswing is much more fluid, and I tend to increase revs as the night wears on. I make larger moves instead of 2 & 1, I'll move 3 & 2 or 5 & 3. I will also switch to a shinier cover to get me through the heads a bit cleaner.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

Chats: 0

well if you're hitting high and splitting, more ball speed, if low, then less. It may just be your arm is wearing out and you're unintentionally taking just enough off to get it that little extra bit either way where its not reacting or breaking too hard. Thats what used to happen to me before I got reconditioned for Varsity bowling.
    High Game: 266, High Series: 734 (248, 238, 248)
    Avg Ball Speed: about 16-17 mph, Right Handed, 6'6", Stroker-Tweener

Well I worked with a local coach and he watched me bowl 5 frames. He found that I was turning my wrist just a bit. He also recommended that I work on my breathing when I bowl. I took these to heart and developed a Mantra to use when I step up to the approach, and used it in League last night. Here are the results: 245-203-210=658.
    The catch is I had a 7-10 in the first frame of game 1 and a 4-6 split in the second frame. Both appeared to be good pocket hits.
    Thanks to all for the advice.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

[QUOTE=Seamistlark;7447]Well I worked with a local coach and he watched me bowl 5 frames. He found that I was turning my wrist just a bit. He also recommended that I work on my breathing when I bowl. I took these to heart and developed a Mantra to use when I step up to the approach, and used it in League last night. Here are the results: 245-203-210=658.
    The catch is I had a 7-10 in the first frame of game 1 and a 4-6 split in the second frame. Both appeared to be good pocket hits.
    Thanks to all for the advice.[/QUOTE/]

your welcome and biggest thing is to be relaxed as well..

great shooting keep it up...you might be on to something...
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com