Thread: bowling A.D.D

Default bowling A.D.D

I have been bowling for 30 years . I have been bowling pretty good this year averaging 220 . but lately I have what I call bowling A.D.D. Looking up from my target before i let go of the ball . I have to be totally concentrating on this every shot or I'm done . Anyone else have this problem ?
    Last edited by bigern523; 03-14-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot a line

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Yep, I'm guilty of it, too. I know it's because my brain thinks I've finished the shot while the ball is really still in my hand. Like a receiver looking to make his move before the ball gets there.

i can definitely sympathize with you there, my problem is just the reverse: constantly keeping my eyes on the breakpoint zone & not too any area closer to me( i.e dots, arrows) It has hindered my name significantly. At times i don't even see myself release. It sounds goofy but, i have been practicing with a cap very low on my head, close to my eyes, that way i know that if i'm looking further down the lane I am lifting my head up thusly pulling on my shot.
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default flaminken

i used to have that problem but now when i step ont the lane i look down at my feet and don't start looking up until i get to my 3rd or 4th step and at my slide my eys end up at my target at the 1st arrows, try that and see if it helps