Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling forums posts rants

Chats: 0

What I love about some sites that shall remain nameless is when the trolls come around and span the site, there is rants about the lack of moderation. Then when there is moderation, the rants are about the moderators deleting inappropriate posts.

I enjoy visiting this site, it has become a regular stop for me. Now just to get a gathering together or have some of you make the North Carolina gathering in July, and be able to put names and faces together.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I think truly what makes a site like our here is the people.

The people here at BowlingBoards.com are the best around. People here are classy, respectful, and very helpful.

We are what other forums should be like. YET>>> I believe in taking a somewhat family approach to this site. We can youth bowlers up to seniors here talking. From Grandmas to Grand children. Although this is great for many, some like to have someone cursing at them and telling them the ball they are using is horrible. So it depends on what you like.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

I have been here only a short time and already feel better about this site then the other site I was visiting. I had often felt insecure about asking questions on the other site because I would read the replies to other peoples post and how they got hammered on. I use the same screenname here that I use everywhere, Car sites, Woodworking sites and Cell Tower sites, That is just how I'm known. On another site I was asked what Seamistlark had to do with bowling. I replied it was due to a car site. I was then told it was not right to use this name on "thier site". I have not posted on that site since, and have not visited them either.
    I am new to Ten Pin and I am Learning. This is my crime against man, and I am willing to serve my time for it, but I refuse to serve ity with idiots. I have been picking my friends for 43 years and I am not going to stop now.
    I really do like this place!!!
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Well said, young padawan. I'm the same name everywhere I go, too. I have to remind people the 3 is silent. You should hear some try and pronounce it.

There's nothing worse in the world of forums, wanting to express an opinion about something, but don't because you are afraid someone will personally attack you in a reply.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    There's nothing worse in the world of forums, wanting to express an opinion about something, but don't because you are afraid someone will personally attack you in a reply.

Very true. We live in an online world of help. So if you cannot ask questions based on how someone might treat you, something is wrong.

We may not be the biggest, but we are working on being an option for many.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

I have a freind that teaches High school with a student named La-ea. For months he called her Leiyah thinking that was her name. On parent conference night he was talking to the girls mother and she corrected him on her daughters name. "The dash is not silent, it is Ladashea" He had to show me his roster cause I thought jhe was making it up.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 3

why on earth do parents do that?! I'm addicted to this show on A&E called "The First 48"....and the other night, they were after a suspect who's name was....Royal Cola.

My guess is, the kid turned to a life of crime after being tormented all throughout school.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

I had a student come into my class about half way through the year. Her name was Shady. She was a major problem. Makes you wonder what the parents were thinking, she lived up to her name. By the end of the year she was removed from my class and spent half the day in the Opportunity Room. I had to send work for her to complete, but never saw anything. I am sure the 7th grade teacher's were glad to see she did not return to our school
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Chats: 3

sometimes I have to wonder if giving a child a name like that, gives them a predisposition to that kind of an attitude/personality.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast