Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling forums posts rants

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    I have a freind that teaches High school with a student named La-ea. For months he called her Leiyah thinking that was her name. On parent conference night he was talking to the girls mother and she corrected him on her daughters name. "The dash is not silent, it is Ladashea" He had to show me his roster cause I thought he was making it up.

I've heard of that. I think it was featured in Odd News or something.

I've also heard about the fraternal twins named Mal-e and Fem-al-e. "I didn't have to name them, the hospital did already."

I think the movie Idiocracy should be required viewing. Unfortunately, I think the people most in need of understanding it won't.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    sometimes I have to wonder if giving a child a name like that, gives them a predisposition to that kind of an attitude/personality.
    Possible, but then there is the influence of the parents/family that would think that is a good name for their child. I think it is a combination.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I firmly believe that the 'commentary' is what keeps the boards at the ratios that they are at (generalizing here) of 10% posting, 90% lurking. However there are those times where you can get into the archives and pull real nuggets of info out that someone said weeks, months, years ago. Plus you get a feel for who can actually help vs who's blowing smoke.

I joined a forum a month ago so that I could view the archives, and when I posted a comment - I discovered that mine was the first post on the entire site in 3 months. It may not be dead, but I dunno if anything can bring it back.

what is the most 300 rings you can get in a carrer

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I don't believe there's a limit, but I may be wrong. I know you can get at least one a year, so that depends on how long you live. When I get a chance I'll see if I can find out.

Chats: 19

Holy old posts, Batman!!!! hahahahaha.

Sad going through this thread again..... Last time I read it, things were a little different, and one of our members was still around.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

What is Bowling?

Has anyone ever had a problem with 8 - 10 splits? I left 4 in one game and got a lucky messenger to save me from a 5th. Is there something I can do in my setup or is it possible the pinsetter was not placing pins correctly?

What is Bowling?

Smile Have you been Wailed today?

Consider yourself wailed. The best to you.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well time to add another rant. I post my ball cleaner review over on allbowling.com and start getting a string stupid comments and heaven forbid I had typo! instead of striking I had "strikinjg" so we quote it and have to point it out with big text, bold it and color it purple

So I just deleted the post, because when that starts. No one cares what you posted good or bad, it becomes all about the remarks posted or posting new ones.

Well I hadn't posted over there in a while guess won't again.

, lol lol lol also heres some simley's and lol's to show "I'm just kidding" because doing those shows everyone that you don't mean what you just said.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Man why purple? Why not pink or teal? Lol

I tell you we love you here
    Go Broncos!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast