Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which target arrow?

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Red face where to stand

Quote Originally Posted by AIRBENDER View Post
    I am new to bowling (other than recreationally). My question is what target arrow is best to use on most oil patterns. I am a lefty. Currently, I try to target the 10th board (second arrow from the left). I try to send the ball straight down this board and it hooks into the pocket. I have heard that using the 5th board (1st arrow) may produce a better angle to the pocket. I am a little nervous about using it since it is close to the gutter and I have put a few balls into the gutter after moving to my right during the game as an adjustment.

Also, I noticed when i was practicing the other day on a dry lane I was able to stand on the 7th board (for a right hand person) and aimed between the second and third arrows (10th and 15th board for lefties) and was able to produce more strikes. The angle seemed better. i was using the Storm Big Hit at the time. I guess I am a stroker because I don't think I put that many revs on the ball. My balls are finger tip grip though.
    when all my kids started i had them stand left of center had them bend there knees and watched there aproch and arm swing and hook if any. then I had them move left or right and just throw the ball stright and let the ball do the work and hook into the pocket. They did that for a week or 2 now ones a cranker and the other does not use his thumb and the girls just need some work I'll be nice

P.S. There all rightys
    Last edited by mrbill; 05-28-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: updated with a PS

Quote Originally Posted by Evilash71 View Post
    my bit on this. You dont have to use the arrows. Everything in between is fine as well. So try going a board left of 10, then maybe two boards. Do it a little at a time. Sometimes it makes a huge difference just moving two boards left of the arrow.
    to add to this, I wrote a comment at another post:
    http://bowlingboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=14

Chats: 13

i will stay clear of the righty/lefty battles i am a righty and something i recently picked up is paralel moves i.e. If my normal 10 board shot dries up, in league it always does ill move two boards left on apporach and two boards(12 board) to the left of targets.in practice ive been trying this to the right as well,seems like my ball hits harder/has more energy coming from 7or 8 board. I havent tried this on league yet but im close to trusting it and i too worry bout the gutter when i move out of the *safe* 10 board zone goodluck and keep us posted on your progress

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123