Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Courtesy!

HI,
    I have found people do not teach there children bowling courtesy. So here in Madison , Wi they have a summer league for one child and one parent of any age this is where they are taught what not to do.I take my disable son to this every year we won first place the first year that was 5 years ago he loves to bowl loves the action. Now I bowl on a monday night ladies league at Ten Pin Alley and they didn't have all the lanes filled so they put on a Have a Ball league well these individuals , young people 20 year olds have no clue either and they do not pay a sanction fee so they really do not care, there was a big fight a couple of weeks ago with this team and they verbally assaulted our teams and said nasty things about the sanction fees, but my issue when they have leagues it should be told how to have courtesy for other bowlers. I think when any league starts out they should be told the dos and don'ts of bowling. It should also I think be posted at every table on the lanes for open bowling and that is where you get a lot of these problems from WET shoes on the floor to walking into your lane. I love to bowl I am on 2 teams and now to see the season coming to an end is killling me.

bye
    sue morovits

Bowler
    Chats: 20

why do older people get PISSED at me when i throw my ball down the lane at teh same time they are even tho there 2 lanes away from me??

to me i dont beleive there is any lane courtesy i have to follow if there not directly next to me

Chats: 3

I've seen that too.

I'll be out practicing and a group 2 lanes down from me will wait for me to throw before getting on the approach. I just ignore it, if they think I'm being rude when I don't do the same for them...then they can confront me about it...and I'll educate them on proper etiquette.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I have never ran in to that issue I was always told if the person is next to you that is when you have to wait not if there 2 lanes down from you then there getting a bit picky. What you are doing is ok you can go ahead and bowl if no one is next to you.

Bowler
    Chats: 20

i know but the people actaully some how got my kick off of the lane i was on. i was soooo pissed that i wanted to throw that bowling shoes into a puddle but i told them to F off and left the house and never went back. and now its torn down so I win

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    I've seen that too.

I'll be out practicing and a group 2 lanes down from me will wait for me to throw before getting on the approach. I just ignore it, if they think I'm being rude when I don't do the same for them...then they can confront me about it...and I'll educate them on proper etiquette.
    i have the same issue from time to time and to be honest i have a one lane deal not two.. when i come across this problem with folks i just give them the look and just ignore them from there on but if they continue to push the issue then i will gladly tell them in a nice way what they can do. then those who give you the problems start lofting the ball down the lanes and then that really bothers me at times cause we as league bowlers respect the sport so much...

i,m with ya on that...
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Chats: 0

we have some guys who absolutely freak out if you get excited when they are on teh approach, or if you don't abide by the two lane courtesy. I feel two lanes is outrageous when you have a full house of league bowlers...some of us have bed times haha

I personally give one, no more, no less. there are times to give multiple lane courtesy and there are times not to. If someone is shooting a potential 300, I'll stay back while they are shooting, but beyond that...no go
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

It used to really bother me when someone would bowl when I was setting up. I would either step down, or just hold my ground until they were done. If I stay, I focus on my target and try to build my concentration.

Teens seem to be the biggest offenders, but there are many adults that just don't get it.
    Talk To Your Ball, Listen To The Lane!

RH, HG 299, HS 714

In The Bag
    Energy - Gravity - Bite - Maxim

I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 19

I'm going to take the opposite side of youse guys. I LIKE seeing the little kids out there bowling. They have to get their love of the game somehow. Parents can only do so much sometimes, kids will be kids. I think some bowlers take bowling too seriously. Yeah, it's fun to try to get better, but I never plan on taking this to a professional level or anything. I'm out there to have fun, and I hope others have fun too.

The people who are old enough to know better bother me a LITTLE more, but it's kind of funny to watch some of them. There's always that one group that feels it necessary to bowl the meanest hook they can muster up out of a house ball. hahahahahaha. That is always fun to watch. OF COURSE they're all really a lot better than they bowled that day... No one knows what happens, they're normally in the mid 200s to 290 or so. Just an off day.... hahahahahahaha.

The only thing that bothers me is when other people try to use my balls (well, unless it's a pretty lady and then we can make arrangements if my girlfriend doesn't mind). I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it always seems like there's some teen next to me (I rarely request two lanes when I practice) who wants to bowl a mean curve, has no form what-so-ever, and notices I have a decent hook when I throw. So what does he do? Picks up my ball, and when I politely ask him not to use my personal bowling balls, I become the *** for being too serious about it..... C'est la vie!

hahahahaha.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12