Thread: New Member from NY

Chats: 0

Default New Member from NY

Hi all . . . new to this forum, not so new to bowling! Have a history of female bowlers in my family. My grandmother was a 140 average bowler back in the day (1940's) my mom was a faithful 160+ bowler back in her day (1970-80's) and I am a 180's-90 bowler, hoping to eventually be a steady 200+ and my daughter who is graduating high school this year will surely beat my average soon! She currently bowls 4-5 times a week and enters many youth scholarship tourneys. It sure made me try to hone my skills (?), can't let her catch me too fast! LOL

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.

out of curiosity, what house do you bowl at? I'm originally from Long Island. Used to bowl at Sports Plus in Ronkonkoma which apparently closed down recently. I usually bowl at West Babylon when I visit home now.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyk View Post
    Hi all . . . new to this forum, not so new to bowling! Have a history of female bowlers in my family. My grandmother was a 140 average bowler back in the day (1940's) my mom was a faithful 160+ bowler back in her day (1970-80's) and I am a 180's-90 bowler, hoping to eventually be a steady 200+ and my daughter who is graduating high school this year will surely beat my average soon! She currently bowls 4-5 times a week and enters many youth scholarship tourneys. It sure made me try to hone my skills (?), can't let her catch me too fast! LOL

Wow what a great history!!!

Well I am Honored that you are here and if you Need anything please do let me know.

Don't forget about our bowling ball giveaway!!!

Chris
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?

Talking Kids bowling

I read your post. My son at 18 was very close to passing me by. By the time he was 20 he did. He now averages in averages 210 + range at age 21.
    Last edited by mrbowler88; 03-30-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: update age

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Wow what a great avg, does he give lessons?
    Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowler88 View Post
    I read your post. My son at 18 was very close to passing me by. By the time he was 20 he did. He now averages in averages 210 + range at age 21.
    It goes quick doesn't it! Did it bother you much or were you just really proud? (as you should be!) I don't think it will take her until she's 20 tho, she's 18 now and her b/f is a 220 average so she gets lots of tips from him! I think it will be a matter of months truth be told. She's become my inspiration when I felt I was at a dead-end and couldn't go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach 3G View Post
    out of curiosity, what house do you bowl at? I'm originally from Long Island. Used to bowl at Sports Plus in Ronkonkoma which apparently closed down recently. I usually bowl at West Babylon when I visit home now.
    I primarily bowl at Centereach and have for about 21 years. I never left there to go to the "NEW" house (Sports Plus) which didn't last anyway. Many of those bowlers wound up back at Centereach. Growing up I started in Captree Lanes (West Islip) which hasn't been there for years now. Then I migrated to West Babylon (born and raised on the south shore) and Sayville while also commuting to Centereach. I evenutally moved east so now its a short drive to my bowling house!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Greetings, glad to have you aboard. "The Island" has a special place in my heart as that's the place my wife is from. She's from Franklin Square. ( I make fun of her accent when it slips out and she makes fun of mine.)

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Hello and welcome to the site ....If there is ANYTHING that you need just ask .....Chris ( IM just joking were all here to help each other out)
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums