Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever bowl with... a plastic ball?

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Yes i still use a plastic ball for the ten pin. I have a Ebonite red turbo drilled with negative axis weight just for the ten pin.
    I use a cell for my strike ball.

Chats: 0

i've never used a plastic ball since I started bowling. when the time comes for me to shoot a ten pin (which is quite often) I just flatten out my wrist and throw a nice straight ball to reach out there. Its been the most comfortable for me...I do have a lot of friends that require a spare ball though. I am happy keeping another strike ball in my bag instead of a limited use ball.
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Usually only for the 6,9,10, and 7 pins
    Talk To Your Ball, Listen To The Lane!

RH, HG 299, HS 714

In The Bag
    Energy - Gravity - Bite - Maxim

I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

At one time i was on the "use a plastic ball for all spares" mentality, but now i find no reason to use a plastic. Straight up the back and/or backup has been quite effectiuve for me.
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

I have and do use my plastic ball when the lanes are really sketchy, or sometimes just for fun. Playing the 2-3 board is just alot of fun and something that isn't that easy to do on most THS with reactive equipment. I shot a 278 game with mine at one point and it was probably the most fun I had had bowling in years.

I made the suggestion a few years ago that one of the local houses hold a plastic ball only tournament, but they didn't believe very many would shoe up for it. This was long before the PBA decided to run one this year.

Chats: 2315

I've never used my plastic ball in competition but I have in practice. The main reason I don't use it in competition is because it doesn't have a core so it won't hit well if it finds oil. If it's all bone dry, it's probably as good as anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12