Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever bowl with... a plastic ball?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question Do you ever bowl with... a plastic ball?

Ok so it might be odd for some, but do you and have you ever just bowled with a plastic ball?

Was it for fun or because of an injury, or do you bowl best with a plastic ball?

Tell us what you think.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

One of the center's in the area had a problem with the heads holding oil. I only bowl there for tournaments and now won't even bowl tournaments there. Anyhow, by the 2nd game plastic was the only thing that would stay on the lane. A friend of mine and I were bowling a tourney together. He knew my plastic usually rolled really straight. After a few frames, he came over and asked how I was getting the plastic to hook so much

Then there are those nights the lanes are just a little too dry and the plastic becomes the go to ball. I shot 661 last summer using only my Blue Dot
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I've used plastic when it got really dry. It could get to the pocket, but didn't seem to drive through very well. Lots of deflection.

Chats: 3

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    I've used plastic when it got really dry. It could get to the pocket, but didn't seem to drive through very well. Lots of deflection.
    same here. about 3 of the girls on our team for state had to switch over to their plastic balls for singles and doubles because the lanes were so dry. One girl bowled a 194 with her plastic ball lol!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I don't own one. The last time I used a plastic ball was when they were being used regularly, prior to the advent of resin equipment.
    INFO:Avg. N/A Righty,Stroker,Equipment Roto Grip,Brunswick,Ebonite 15lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Ok so it might be odd for some, but do you and have you ever just bowled with a plastic ball?

Was it for fun or because of an injury, or do you bowl best with a plastic ball?

Tell us what you think.
    i started out bowling with pastic but since then every now and then i,ll roll my plastic.
    i use it alot during practice for accuracy and spares..i also use my plastic for corner pins also.

so for the most part i,ll do it for fun but work on some things in practice..
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

On drastically over-under conditions, I often switch to my plastic spare ball which has a basic pancake "core". Other times, it is a good choice when the back ends are flying and reactive equipment is rolling out with a forward-roll style release. As long as the condition allows for enough friction on the lane, plastic is always an option.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

J! Great to see you back on again! Hope you are doing well.

All you others, this is a guy I really respect. He knows his Shiite. And he's mostly Sunni! LOL! I'm, such a weiner sometimes!

Chats: 0

I once bowled a 273 game with a columbia blue dot. This was years ago at the old showboat lanes in Las Vegas. They were hooking so bad that this was the only thing that I could keep on the right side of the headpin.

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    J! Great to see you back on again! Hope you are doing well.

All you others, this is a guy I really respect. He knows his Shiite. And he's mostly Sunni! LOL! I'm, such a weiner sometimes!
    Thanks and thanks
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast