Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1332

Thread: Last person to post here wins!!!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Why, why, why can't I seem to remember to grab some compact discs before I leave for work? It would make the 45 minute ride from work to bowling so much better. I can't stand all the talk on the radio anymore and the "new" music isn't my taste. Some Guns 'N Roses, Led Zeppelin or even Steve Miller Band would get my attitude properly adjusted after another day at a job I can no longer stand.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Why, why, why can't I seem to remember to grab some compact discs before I leave for work? It would make the 45 minute ride from work to bowling so much better. I can't stand all the talk on the radio anymore and the "new" music isn't my taste. Some Guns 'N Roses, Led Zeppelin or even Steve Miller Band would get my attitude properly adjusted after another day at a job I can no longer stand.
    What do you do at work?

Chats: 36

Yes, Billf! The right music can turn a 45 minute drive a time of therapy...Some CCR usually does it for me, but I like Alter Bridge, 7th Day Slumber and there are others that will do the trick...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    What do you do at work?
    As much as possible. I work at a Ford dealer as a technician. I'm certified to work on anything Ford makes from Fiesta to Semi's. Unfortunately the place I work at is a joke. I've been there five years this coming Monday and they still have the same issues as the first day I started. I trained my boss but he is the laziest person I know. As a tech, all I get paid for is wrench on vehicle time. Meanwhile my boss gets paid by the hour but usually can't be found to wait on customers, answer the phone or any other aspect of his job. I end up having to cover for him all the time. He is late to work by at least 20 minutes three times a week. Yesterday he was in his office all day. Another tech and myself stood around ALL afternoon yesterday playing on the internet, having NOTHING to do. Turns out there was a truck dropped off but he didn't write it up, bring it in or tell us at all because the heat got to him so he didn't care. It was only 80 degrees. So, anyhow, I'm at the point where I no longer know if it's the place of the living I can't stand anymore. I use to love what I did for a living. Then I left Rodman Ford, across from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts and moved to Ohio where I have worked at 4 Ford dealers in 10 years. Ohio dealers that I have tried treat their employees like dirt and I'm fed up with it. I have a bachelors in Business Management but haven't found a company willing to pay enough to be worth changing careers.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Ringer
    Blog Entries

As much as possible. I work at a Ford dealer as a technician. I'm certified to work on anything Ford makes from Fiesta to Semi's. Unfortunately the place I work at is a joke. I've been there five years this coming Monday and they still have the same issues as the first day I started. I trained my boss but he is the laziest person I know. As a tech, all I get paid for is wrench on vehicle time. Meanwhile my boss gets paid by the hour but usually can't be found to wait on customers, answer the phone or any other aspect of his job. I end up having to cover for him all the time. He is late to work by at least 20 minutes three times a week. Yesterday he was in his office all day. Another tech and myself stood around ALL afternoon yesterday playing on the internet, having NOTHING to do. Turns out there was a truck dropped off but he didn't write it up, bring it in or tell us at all because the heat got to him so he didn't care. It was only 80 degrees. So, anyhow, I'm at the point where I no longer know if it's the place of the living I can't stand anymore. I use to love what I did for a living. Then I left Rodman Ford, across from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts and moved to Ohio where I have worked at 4 Ford dealers in 10 years. Ohio dealers that I have tried treat their employees like dirt and I'm fed up with it. I have a bachelors in Business Management but haven't found a company willing to pay enough to be worth changing careers.
    Sometimes, you have to sacrifice a little bit of extra money, to be happier. Would you rather spend your time doing something productive and making money, or doing something that your fed up with. Time doesn't stop Bill, opportunities come and go. I say if you can't replace your manager, make a video of him showing up late, not doing ****, not even doing his job! Then send it to headquarters and say that you deserve the position because you are always covering his ***.

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    Sometimes, you have to sacrifice a little bit of extra money, to be happier. Would you rather spend your time doing something productive and making money, or doing something that your fed up with. Time doesn't stop Bill, opportunities come and go. I say if you can't replace your manager, make a video of him showing up late, not doing ****, not even doing his job! Then send it to headquarters and say that you deserve the position because you are always covering his ***.
    Unfortunately Sam the real world doesn't always work like "Reality TV" or the movies where the good guy blows the whistle on the bad guy and wins the Bosses approval and becomes the vice-president and the son-in-law of the CEO. Office politics is as bad if not worse than Washington politics and the guy that rocks the boat is often the first to go overboard.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Storm Modern Marvel
    Radical Time's Up
    Storm Black Ice

Blog Entries

Exactly. Besides, the owner knows and seemingly doesn't care. Dealerships are franchises and this one is family owned. The owner's son even wants this guy fired but it hasn't happened. He has been caught stealing parts on four separate occasions and all sorts of other stuff. He even waved a gun at a car while in his company car. They took his car away after the sheriff's office called.
    In 1991 I was working at a Chevrolet dealer after leaving the service. They were installing aftermarket parts and charging General Motors for original equipment. Big, huge no-no. I turned them in. You know what happened? The owner paid a $250,000 fine then fired everybody from the General Manager on down just to ensure he fired the whistle blower. I cost 80 people their jobs. Now I just keep my mouth shut and do all i can to ensure the customers are happy.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

In 2009 the Service Manager went on vacation. The other tech in the shop (only 2 of us then) was in school for factory training. The owner's son was suppose to run the service desk. Two days in a row the Parts Dept had nobody there. One was sick and the other on vacation, I believe. So that whole week I was the only person in the Service Oldsmobile dealer) when a fire broke out while a guy was working on a gas tank. Half the shop was in flames due to the chemicals. An older tech and myself stayed inside and got the fire under control before the fire department showed. That owner gave both of us a $1,000 bonus. Said his deductible was $2,000 and we saved him that plus the cost of lost business. Guess which one I wish I still worked for? That owner passed from cancer just after I went into the Army. He was a good man and well liked. Customers, employees, vendors, family he treated them all the same.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Ringer
    Blog Entries

In 2009 the Service Manager went on vacation. The other tech in the shop (only 2 of us then) was in school for factory training. The owner's son was suppose to run the service desk. Two days in a row the Parts Dept had nobody there. One was sick and the other on vacation, I believe. So that whole week I was the only person in the Service Oldsmobile dealer) when a fire broke out while a guy was working on a gas tank. Half the shop was in flames due to the chemicals. An older tech and myself stayed inside and got the fire under control before the fire department showed. That owner gave both of us a $1,000 bonus. Said his deductible was $2,000 and we saved him that plus the cost of lost business. Guess which one I wish I still worked for? That owner passed from cancer just after I went into the Army. He was a good man and well liked. Customers, employees, vendors, family he treated them all the same.
    Seem's like you had your share of up and downs. Unfortunately bad things happen to good people, it sucks but there isn't much you could do about it. I see what you mean about that it's mostly family owned and that the manager isn't doing crap about it. I know it seems harsh, but if you really can't stand it, I really say you should pursue a different career or something you can find enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Hence me saying I've been looking. I won't just take any job though because the reality is I have a job and who ever is hiring needs an employee. They need, I want. Big difference.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast