Thread: Website help

Default Website help

OK, so I just bought my first domain and a friend is hosting it for me. I am not sure what I want to do with it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload stuff to it. I have the ftp site address, my username and password but cant seem to do it.

I tried filezilla and a few free editors with no luck. Any tips? I tried google but just got a TON or jargon I don't understand.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I use FireFTP addon for mozilla Firefox to up load stuff.

http://fireftp.mozdev.org/

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Filezilla works really well. I use CUTE FTP
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by nickcuban View Post
    OK, so I just bought my first domain and a friend is hosting it for me. I am not sure what I want to do with it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload stuff to it. I have the ftp site address, my username and password but cant seem to do it.

I tried filezilla and a few free editors with no luck. Any tips? I tried google but just got a TON or jargon I don't understand.

Hello,

As everyone has mentioned an ftp client is what you need. I have used filezilla, cute ftp, and smart ftp

How it will work is whatever files you have on your home or work computer, will open up in one of these clients and it will also show your Public domain.

Your home files or local files will be listed for you to pick what you want to upload.

I am not sure if you use some sort of html software, it is important to make sure your saving your info for the web. It seems intimidating at first, yet with time you will do it while your sleeping.

I can walk you through this via email or IM if you ever have the time.

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

I figured out that I wasn't updating the "index.html" so it wasn't updating the main site. So far I have no idea what to do with the site lol.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

What type of site are you working on?
    Go Broncos!

I have no idea lol.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average:

Anyone have any idea of what to do with it? I was thinking of making it basically a forum like this or nonewbs.com, but not having it topic specific. Mostly like a massive off topic and some broad subtopics.
    High game:
    246 done on 2/12/09
    Current Average: