Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shoes?

Chats: 0

so my friends all affectionately call me HOLIDAY (its how my last name sounds)...

This was a few years ago when I was drinking VERY heavily during league. I still carried a healthy average, so its not like I was out of control...There was 3 of us who would each drink 1-2 pitchers of beer throughout the night. One night in between 2nd and 3rd game, I went into the bar to have a quick smoke. Well I am pretty anal about taking my bowling shoes out of the "no street shoe zone" so I slipped on my street shoes.

I was in the bar burning down my heater as fast as possible, when I realized it was my turn to bowl. I ran out of the bar, onto the approach, picked up my ball, started the motions and as I went to slide, all you heard was a loud screech followed by a sound very familiar to me falling face first on the lane, no hands, just face.

I'm drunk, so I stand up ask the guys if I drug my heal because that screech was LOUD!

Obviously I fouled so I walk back to the ball return, and pick up my ball. Take 3 deep breaths to calm my nerves...I start my approach and BAM I fall again!!! this time I managed to stay behind the foul line so no harm, no foul! I stand up, watch the ball knock down all the pins, notice half the house is looking at me when all I hear is

"MATT HOLIDAY!!!!"

me: "WHAT!?!?!?"

"YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!!!!!"

my street shoes and bowling shoes feel so similar that I hadn't even noticed (drunk didn't help either)

Here ends the story...as an update, I quit drinking at league (DUI dangers) and this hasn't happened since! I have however watched others do it since

cheers!
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Chats: 3

hahahaha nice!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Bowler
    Chats: 20

lmao sounds like something i would do even tho im only 19 haha im just very forget full
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    high game: 265
    high series: 616
    high hani game: 295
    ^^^
    all happened the same day!!!!!

this story gets brought up a few times a year, so I have it rehearsed pretty well! I tell ya for the first week of every year whenever I get back everyone looks me up and down and asks...ya wearing the right shoes?!?!?

its a classic. Glad I could share.
    High Series 719
    High average 195

Bowler
    Chats: 20

gives u a good laugh every time no?
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    high game: 265
    high series: 616
    high hani game: 295
    ^^^
    all happened the same day!!!!!

yeah pretty much, it was embarrassing at first, but now I get a good laugh out of it.

we should almost make a thread out of this..."what are the dumb things you've done while bowling..." I could post a few stories to that one!
    High Series 719
    High average 195

Chats: 2315

I've almost bowled with my street shoes accidentally, but I noticed when I looked down to line up. Everytime I've bowled with my street shoes I do a hop at least, lucky if I don't fall. Makes me wonder why that is when some people plant and this isn't very different.

Dumb things you've done while bowling. This is more funny than dumb since no one got hurt but last year on the last day of league it was 9-pin and two of my friends decided to take turns giving each other piggy back rides during their approach. It was entertaining for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123