Thread: My "fun" bowling weekend.

Talking My "fun" bowling weekend.

I thought I would take a minute and let you all know about probably the most fun bowling weekend I have had in a long time.
    On Saturday I bowled in a local fundraising tournament for Relay for Life. It was a no tap team handicap tourney. I had never bowled in a team no tap event and it was so fun. A ton of door prizes were given away and everyone had a great time. I shot 265 the first game with 4-5 no tap strikes, then 223 the second game without any no taps, and 233 the last game with only one notap. My team ended up third which paid 80$ so we each got our entry fee back. The bar got me for 40$ though. It's a wierd feeling to walk out of the bowling center to sunshine and 60 degree temps with alittle buzz going,lol.

On Sunday we finished out our fall league and bowled no tap for our fun night. They were doing high handicap game for 20$ but those of us that got little or no handicap decided that we would run a high scratch series pool instead. I started out a little shacky with a 246 the first game, in the second game I went 8 1 off the sheet for 279, third game front 10 until I got alittle too much of the 11th and chopped the spare for 286 = 811 series and didn't get even second as one of the other bowlers went 890 and second I think ended up being 822.

All in all this was one of the most enjoyable weekends I have had lately. It's nice to not stress so much about bowling well and just have a good time.
    Last edited by No Open Tenths; 04-20-2009 at 08:04 PM.