Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane Courtesy!

Default Lane Courtesy!

A little vent.. I try not to complain.. But every time we go bowling, no matter what time of the day.. We always get beside people that don't have lane courtesy.. Today we went early and right after we got there this family came and they got the lane right next to us.. They put their chairs down in front of the key pads. Three chairs took up some of our space.. Then while they were bowling they let their kids stand on our side of the lane while we were trying to bowl.. Now I am no great bowling, but my game sucked pretty bad today.. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I take my three year old to the bowling alley and he sits there in his chair and he knows not to get in other peoples lane.. Why can't people teach their older kids the same things?? Sorry for the vent, but I had to get it off my mind..
    I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Balls in bag Cherry Vibe 12# and Onyx Vibe 14#

Chats: 3

my problem is always the teenagers. A couple of weeks ago, I got stuck next to a pair of lanes with teenagers, and I swear, they hit the sweep on the machine 5 times at least, from chucking a ball down the lane when they shouldn't have, the sweep broke on one side and got stuck. That kind of crap annoys me to no end. That is MY families center, my step-dad just spent a ton putting in new synthetic lanes and lcd monitors. It's a recreational place, meant to be enjoyed by all, but kids just don't care.

end rant
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    my problem is always the teenagers. A couple of weeks ago, I got stuck next to a pair of lanes with teenagers, and I swear, they hit the sweep on the machine 5 times at least, from chucking a ball down the lane when they shouldn't have, the sweep broke on one side and got stuck. That kind of crap annoys me to no end. That is MY families center, my step-dad just spent a ton putting in new synthetic lanes and lcd monitors. It's a recreational place, meant to be enjoyed by all, but kids just don't care.

end rant
    We just got the lcd monitors.. They are really awesome, I really like them. I do wish that people would respect the lanes more.. Them tearing things up, will make it cost more for everyone on the long run, because of the repairs that will have to be made.

Balls in bag Cherry Vibe 12# and Onyx Vibe 14#

Quote Originally Posted by janbolen View Post
    A little vent.. I try not to complain.. But every time we go bowling, no matter what time of the day.. We always get beside people that don't have lane courtesy.. Today we went early and right after we got there this family came and they got the lane right next to us.. They put their chairs down in front of the key pads. Three chairs took up some of our space.. Then while they were bowling they let their kids stand on our side of the lane while we were trying to bowl.. Now I am no great bowling, but my game sucked pretty bad today.. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I take my three year old to the bowling alley and he sits there in his chair and he knows not to get in other peoples lane.. Why can't people teach their older kids the same things?? Sorry for the vent, but I had to get it off my mind..
    No prob on the venting. It is the #1 reason I don't bowl open bowling.
    Brent Dolan www.alltenback.com
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

Chats: 0

I try to be patient, but when the people are actually on my lane I do one of two things. If there are other open lanes, I will ask the desk person if I can move and explain the situation. If there are not any other open lanes, I ask the desk person to let the people know that the kids need to stay off the lanes and on their side.

If it looks like there will not be a problem, I have talked to the people myself, but often this makes the offenders irate. It diesn't matter what level of bowler you are, it is an issue of courtesy and parents being parents.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

reading all theses post and I have been there myself. But I know try to open bowl when I can. I work on my mental game but having them on both sides of me. Makes me focus 150% more
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by onefrombills View Post
    reading all theses post and I have been there myself. But I know try to open bowl when I can. I work on my mental game but having them on both sides of me. Makes me focus 150% more
    I also have no problem with having open play when they stay on their lane. Mental game or not, how do you bowl when they are standing on your approach? I have had people pick up their ball off my side of the ball return, walk down my side of the lane around the ball return to their side of the lane to bowl. It makes it kind of hard to get a shot in and I usually don't have all day for my practice sessions.

Some of the juniors and I like to synchronize bowl when we do a beat the coach. We've had 4 - 6 adjoining lanes all bowl at the same time. A total blast and it shows who can tune out the lane next to them and who can't.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Yeah it just proves my point that I should just build 2 lanes down my basement =)

And get a Kegal oiling machine.
    Brent Dolan www.alltenback.com
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I've resorted to the "just avoided an accident" scenario to make the handlers aware that their rug rats may get hurt if they are in front or in back of me. If I need work on my concentration that bad I go when they're having cosmic or rock n bowl, or whatever they're calling it these days. Teens in my lane, however, are fair game. Hey, once I get going with a 16 lb ball in my hand I really can't stop.

this stuff happens it me all the time at my local center as well. parents not caring for their kids and for others who do care about this sport and care and respect for other folks . this pains me to see how kids and other people abuse the bowling equipment and the lanes when they have a few drinks. especially when you are about to get ready to walk onto the foul line and a few kids start running around the ball return onto your lane while you are trying to bowl and you look back at the parents or the group they are with and they look at you like your crazy this drives me insane.also not to mentioned this past saturday i had a few people about 2 lanes over started to toss their bowling balls halfway down the lanes while the sweep was coming down and throwing 2 balls at a time and needless to say the folks at the bowling center didn,t stop them either.so this happens more than it should here and yet you wonder why your ball jumps hops and skips on the lanes from time to time..i love it when they all sit around the approach and they don,t have a care in the world to move out of your way either and we are the ones who deal with it and it,s very fustrating to say the least.another thing when we have tournaments here as well they put people next to us while we have a tournament going on or have the kids wonder all in front of us while we are bowling too. i tell ya it,s alot of fun aint it.. i wish we had new lcd monitors and synthetic lanes but someday i guess,.i find myself in it all the time too so your not alone..oh by the way also on saturday night a guy next to me keeps handing me my ball when it come out of the ball return.. weird.. i work with my mental game with hypnosis at home and before i bowl league so for the most part i block it out but sometimes it,s hard..very hard...

i,m getting off my soapbox now..
    Last edited by 11 in a row; 03-30-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast