Thread: 715 series, but need your advice

Default 715 series, but need your advice

Feb. 15 2010

1st 700 series in 11 years. 212-248-255= 715

Seeking advice on how to carry out that pesky 7 pin! (10 pin for you right handers).
    Sometimes it just gets frustrating leaving that pin all night. I'm glad I followed the advice
    of a teammate and he said "stay right there-don't do anything different." Glad I listened to him.
    But still...any advice on how to carry out that pin more will be appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Your team mate was right. You had the line, the correction for carrying the corner is minor. But there are several ways and one might work better than the other.

The ball is coming in light, slightly behind the head pin. So you need to come in on the head pin a little more.

One way is to move back on the approach a few inches (I use this one).

another is to slow your ball speed slightly and/or move left or right or back a little bit.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 221

It also can be caused by too steep of an entry angleI usually make a 2 and 1 or a 3 and 2 in too lessen the angles
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Bowler
    Chats: 290

when i bowled junior i stay afterwards for a bowling clinic to help bowlers. i choose to get help with the 10pin, i was told stand far left (right hander opposite for left) so your about 5-6 boards left or right of the last dot on your side and make sure it the ball crosses the arrow to left or right of the 2nd arrow so like cross ontop if the arrow and i know i got the 10pin.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Does your carry get worse as the lanes transition? I found this to be the case with balls that have a higher skid/flip ratio. When this happens, I go to a ball that starts to roll a bit earlier and doesn't snap as sharply on the backend. I feel your pain with this issue since the 10 pin still poses a problem for me.