Thread: Bag Q

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Bag Q

Hi. Complete Noob here. I just ordered my inexpensive first ball and some inexpensive shoes per the advice of a friend. He said not to spend any money until I see how much I enjoy it, learn to roll the ball etc..

That said, can I simply use a stout backpack or something to bring my ball to the lanes?

I know if I enjoy the sport I will spend a lot of money on getting everything I need or perhaps want so I don't think I wanted to buy a 3 or 4 ball bag already for $100+, nor want to spend 30-40 on a one ball bag either until I see how I enjoy it as I mentioned before so I was thinking the backpack what have you may suffice.

Thanks for the advice.

Chats: 0

I know a lot of bowlers who have been bowling for years just carrying their shoes and ball around with them sans bag...I wouldnt' reccomend that for the well being of your equipment, but any bag that holds everything will work.

The more padding you have around your ball will help keep it from getting scratches or dings when you set it down or heaven forbid you drop the poor thing.

I would say, do what you feel like, its not a matter of you being a good bowler...You should thank your friend for giving you good advice on waiting on purchasing equipment until you know you like it and want to improve...Bowling can become a very expensive sport.

You can check at your local center, they occasionally have old bags that were left or donated for the use of others...you may be able to pick up an old bag for cheap...OR go to garage sales. I got a nice 1 ball bag and a crappy plastic ball for $5.00 a few years ago...it all worked great

just some thoughts for ya
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Chats: 3

yeah definitely check with bowling centers. My mom literally has about 5 bags and 8 balls sitting in her back office.

We had a problem with people using the master key to stash their equipment in a locker they didn't pay to rent. We went through all the lockers that were supposed to be "vacant" and collected the equipment.
    Much of that equipment has never been claimed. Plus a lot of people donate things for us to pass on to other bowlers.

The garage sales and even the salvation army or goodwill sound like good places to check as well.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Another possibility for cheap bags is a K-Mart store. They sell those glow ball bowling balls (stay very far away from them!) and very serviceable bags for cheap. Like MH1313 said, though, whatever works, you don't get extra pins for style. We have bowlers who still bring in their shoes and balls in the boxes they came in. Best of luck to you, and I think you'll find the game will grow on you.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We want you as hooked as we are. "Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm a bowler." "Hi, Kevin."

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Another option would be the allmighty ball sling/see-saw tote. For a quick and dirty way of transporting one ball and a pair of shoes -- it isn't bad.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

i know storm makes a single ball tote with carrying strap that holds ball and shoes for around $20. Look on bowling.com or bowlingball.com under single ball totes
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)