CANTON, Mich. - For the second consecutive year, Vanderbilt's Josie Earnest has been named the NCAA Division I Player of the Year by the National Tenpin Coaches Association.

Earnest, a native of Vandalia, Ill., led the nation with a 214 average and won three tournaments this season while finishing among the top five in seven of eight events. The performances helped lead the Junior Team USA member to her second Player of the Year honors. She also helped Vanderbilt to the national title in 2007.

Vanderbilt's Brittni Hamilton, also a member of Junior Team USA, was named the Division I Rookie of the Year after finishing second in the nation with a 201 average. She made her mark early in the season with back-to-back victories at Arkansas State's Mid-Winter Classic and Central Missouri's Ozark Invitational.

Joining Earnest and Hamilton as NTCA first-team All-Americans are Maria Rodriguez of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Michelle Peloquin of Vanderbilt, Cassie Leuthold of Nebraska and Erica Perez of Fairleigh Dickinson.

Rodriguez was the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Player of the Year, had seven top-10 finishes in 13 events and averaged 199.2 for the season. Peloquin averaged 199.5 over 51 games and had top-10 finishes in three of eight tournaments.

Leuthold won three tournaments and finished in the top six in nine events while averaging 199.8, third highest in the nation. Perez was the Northeast Conference Player of the Year with a 199.2 average and finished among the top 10 in five of 12 events.

Former professional bowler and Team USA member Kim Terrell-Kearney of Delaware State was voted as the Division I Coach of the Year after leading her team to a berth in the NCAA Women's Bowling Championships, which are currently taking place in suburban Detroit.

NATIONAL TENPIN COACHES ASSOCIATION
2009 ALL-AMERICANS

First Team

Josie Earnest, Vanderbilt; Maria Rodriguez, Maryland-Eastern Shore; Michelle Peloquin, Vanderbilt; Brittni Hamilton, Vanderbilt; Cassie Leuthold, Nebraska; Erica Perez, Fairleigh Dickinson.

Second Team

Amanda Small, New Jersey City; Kayla Jones, Kutztown; Adriana Jaime, Delaware State; Angela Reynolds, Delaware State; Samantha Santoro, Arkansas State.

Third Team

Danielle van der Meer, Nebraska; Sara Litteral, Fairleigh Dickinson; Kayln Washburn, Delaware State; Valarie Calberry, Nebraska; Tracy Ganjoin, Fairleigh Dickinson.

Honorable Mention

Kimberly Roe, Bethune Cookman; Samantha Morrison, Arkansas State; Kristina Frahm, Maryland-Eastern Shore; Nicole Djerewski, New Jersey City; Jazmyne Hefflefinder, Delaware State; Alyssa Surges, Central Missouri; Steph Ray, Kutztown; Jenn Marmo, New Jersey City; Melanie Decarlo, Alabama A&M; Ashley Blakely, Jackson State.

Division I Player of Year - Josie Earnest, Vanderbilt
Division II Player of Year - Kayla Jones, Kutztown
Division III Player of Year - Amanda Small, New Jersey City

Division I Rookie of Year - Brittni Hamilton, Vanderbilt
Division II Rookie of Year - Kayla Jones, Kutztown
Division III Rookie of Year - Jennifer Daunno, New Jersey City

Division I Coach of the Year - Kim Terrell-Kearney, Delaware State
Division II Coach of the Year - Ron Holmes, Central Missouri
Division III Coach of the Year - Frank Parisi, New Jersey City