Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amateurs only

Chats: 0

MH1313

Since you have the ability to practice the shot, where you were rolling is the right place, just add 4' of loft and watch what happens. If you put it down at the foul line you just tighten up the shot for yourself due to the oil volume in the 1st zone. Decrease the loft as you need more oil for skid in games 2 and 3 of team. Play it by ear in minor events. Don't be afraid to sand between 500 & 1000 Abralon. It is a well designed, deceptive pattern.
    Bowling is fun - Winning just adds to the enjoyment

Mark P. Gutkowski
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA Certified
    playbowlpro.com

What is Bowling?

Default Pba bowlers/multiple divisions

I think that excluding PBA cardholders and introducing more divisions only dilutes a great tournament. You can't climb the mountain unless there is a mountain to climb.

Bowler
    Chats: 20

i can have no input on what to do with this tournament lol i have not been in one since i was 14 where my team won back the trophie from friendship lanes in Ft. Myres got beacon bowl here in naples
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    high game: 265
    high series: 616
    high hani game: 295
    ^^^
    all happened the same day!!!!!

Alrighty, here is my nationals update!

Got back yesterday after bowling saturday and sunday.

First of all...MAN IS VEGAS FUN!!! holy cow!!!

now to the bowling, first and foremost I shot a 1503...Carrying a 179 average put me in the lower tier, and man am I glad for that!!!

For team I ran right up the 8 board, and found that I was a little anxious and kept pulling the ball trying to make it react. I didn't shoot very well for team, if I had the opportunity to do it over, I would have taken a little more time on my set up, I think I was just rushing myself and wasn't prepared.

Singles and Doubles...wow what an experience that was!!!! The lanes were completely different than team (they didn't oil for us) I came out swinging with a 222 (a good game on a house shot). Then I found the oil got a little "squirley" on me. I worked the 10board pretty hard with adjustments every few shots. I found the shot to be very dependant on speed! Once I started singles after completing a good series for doubles, I found my line had completely broke down and I was unfortunately unable to find a consistent line after that...*insert sad face here*

The one thing I'm regretting is not forking out the cash to send my third ball out there...I only brought out heavy oil equipment and found for singles and doubles I needed my medium/light equipment, that was the only disappointment of the trip is knowing if I'd of had my right equipment I could have potentially done better!

Oh here is an annoying part of the trip!!! TSA upon initial inspection of my equipment managed to break the zipper on my two ball bag. SO I pick up my bag from the airport with all my stuff hanging out of the bag. Fortunately my equipment was undamaged.

So i'm stuck and have to buy a new bag, I pick up a nice 2ball roller, and on the return flight that gets 2 seams ripped out of it!!! could I have worse luck?!?!?! hahah

thanks for reading!

MH
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

ahh the good ole airlines still messing up bags...lol word of advise for the future.. NEVER take a 4 ball roller..lol They will break the wheels off every time..ha.. If you plan on doing anymore flying to any trnys invest in the tournament bags.. Most of the companies have caught on and started producing them.. The wheels are tucked in the bottom of the bad to keep from breaking but yet still allow the bag to roll or be carried.. You can get them for around 50-60 but is well worth it.. I actually use my trny bags more than my usual 4 ball roller for league and such..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Good bowling MH, glad you had fun. I'll bet you can't wait for next year in Reno now.
    Bowling is fun - Winning just adds to the enjoyment

Mark P. Gutkowski
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA Certified
    playbowlpro.com

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    ahh the good ole airlines still messing up bags...lol word of advise for the future.. NEVER take a 4 ball roller..lol They will break the wheels off every time..ha.. If you plan on doing anymore flying to any trnys invest in the tournament bags.. Most of the companies have caught on and started producing them.. The wheels are tucked in the bottom of the bad to keep from breaking but yet still allow the bag to roll or be carried.. You can get them for around 50-60 but is well worth it.. I actually use my trny bags more than my usual 4 ball roller for league and such..
    BOTTOM LINE IS TO USE A TOURNAMENT TRAVEL BAG OR GET YOUR BAG BROKE.

HERE IS THE TRIPLE BAG THAT I DONT LEAVE TOWN WITHOUT

http://viseinserts.com/bag_4.html
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

my girlfriend uses the same bag... its a very nice constructed bag.the onyl downfall i have heard iis that its VERY close tot he 50 lb weight due tot he sturdy material.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12