Thread: ball layout??

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default ball layout??

Hey whats goin on...im not sure on how the drilling of the ball works out..like the layout and pin adn how you know how to drill it for each person..im just curious...cuz i would like to go into a proshop knowing what i talking about and would like to learn..thanks

If you know your Positive Axis Point and ball speed you can help the Pro Shop Operator locate it quicker when the two of you go out to the lanes. Once that is done, and it truly does need to be done, the two of you can decide what reaction you want on what surface and oil condition and then you can decide on what ball will work the best for you.

Speed and Positive Axis Point can vary so you will be able to use the ball on a variety of conditions within certain parameters. Don't expect the ball to do things it is not designed to do. Talk to the pro shop operator decide together what you need. Good Luck.
    Bowling is fun - Winning just adds to the enjoyment

Mark P. Gutkowski
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA Certified
    playbowlpro.com

What is Bowling?

cool, thanks man...

What is Bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram1723 View Post
    Hey whats goin on...im not sure on how the drilling of the ball works out..like the layout and pin adn how you know how to drill it for each person..im just curious...cuz i would like to go into a proshop knowing what i talking about and would like to learn..thanks
    first off you need to know the bowlers ball speed and also their axis rotation.........example slower the ball spped the farther you want to kick the mass bias out......2 to 3 inches off thumb....that will delay the break farther down the lane....pin below fingers usually makes the ball more archy.....pin above usually means more snap....hope that answers some of your questions