Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mars Review

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Mars

When I drilled my Mars I was looking for a ball that I could use on a typical wet/dry fresh house shot. I took one with the pin out as far as I could get, which in this case was a little over 3 inches, and with as low a top as I could find, which in this case was still 2 1/2 ozs. I put the pin right on my axis and tilted the CG towards the middle of my grip. What I got was a ball with no flare and a really heavy roll. It works jthe way I hoped it would. Nice even arc and suprising little deflection. It didn't over-react on the dry but had trouble recovering if I tugged it in on the oil a bit. A quick spin with a 2000 abralon pad to take the polish off of it did the trick and gave me more room both ways.

Default Mars Review A dry lane Master

I laid out my Mars pin high 4 1/4 “ to pap cg 4” to pap with an extra hole on my VAL at midline.

I bowl on a THS that is blatantly wet dry but carry also is an issue. I was surprised at how smooth this ball is. Even though I have it drilled strong I do not have to worry about it jumping too hard off of the spot and I do not have to throw it to get it down the lane.

Recovery is great and the continuation through the pins is awesome. I am surprised how well this entry performance ball works.

It is very versatile; I have seen Mars’ used on the shorter PBAX patterns with great success.

In the shop; the shelf appeal has novice bowlers commenting on how they like the colors.

A great benchmark ball for all styles of bowler.

What is Bowling?

Default Mars - Clean and even

The Mars is a good overall every day ball. If you fancy yourself as being able to adjust to different lane surfaces and conditions; this is the ball. This ball doesn't do anything strange or funny just a good clean rolling ball with a medium back end reaction.

What is Bowling?

Default Mars Mini Review

The Layout:

3.5 x 4.5 (label shift)

The Motion:

This ball is a great compliment in the Roto Grip series of Equipment. Only having thrown the Mars in the planet series so far, it is easy to say that the hitting power behind this line is unbelievable. This ball definitely handles drier conditions with ease. It is easy to move to the track area and play more of a direct line to the pocket, even with a higher rev rate. Hitting power is definitely not sacrificed at this price point. The ball is very controllable. In a higher volume pattern, this ball never has a chance to read. It is very clean through the heads with a very gradual motion to the pocket.

Anyone who is looking for a ball to compliment their higher end equipment, a Mars is definitely the planet you want to go to.

Default Mars/Rogue Review

Words that i can describe this ball is awsome.First mars i drilled i got the pin below my ring finger about inch below it ,my pap is three and ahalf so this kind of layout this ball is going to be a little more roll in the front part of the lane and smoother transition down lane.Also i changed the service to two thousand abaron so it would be to over under in the backend of the lane when it carryed down.extra hole was needed.Even with with this layout and also changing the cover ball still gets down those dryer lane conditions thanks to the sure grip 2 hybrid reactive cover and the orbiter 2 core that this ball has.
    2nd mars i was looking for a little bit more lenght and a sharper break point.Pin is place alot further from my axis (6'') above middle,cg inch and a half below my middle finger.no extra hole needed for this layout.Cause orf my lower pap and track im able to use this kind of layout This layout on this ball gives me that clean look right threw the heads even if the heads are burnt up and still has enough energy to still give me that sharper break point down lane.At the end of the day this is a great ball for its price and for those dryier and those shorter sport patters bowlers are looking for.

my rogue drilled pin above middle finger about 6 inchs from my pap and cg about two inchs below my middle finger and mas bias about 1 inch right of my thumb hole.Cause of my pap being alot lower (3-1/2 ) this layout still gives me great read threw the midlane and alot a motion in the backend.On those longer patterns,even when the lanes start to carry down.Rogue cell would be a great ball in anybowlers bag,so belive me if you like the first two cells wait till you get your hands on the rouge who will not be dissapointed trust me.
    Last edited by RotoGripSkitt159; 08-10-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: needed to fix a mistake made

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I'm researching this ball and finally read this review. This ball has a symmetrical core, so where is there a mass bias? There's a cg and a pin, but no mass bias marking as far as I can tell. I think he's confusing the cg with the mass bias. We're looking for a ball for drier lane conditions because our equipment was way too strong for most of the patterns at the Gathering, and often too strong for the shot they put out in our league night.

Thanks for the reply ya i forgot to correct that there is no mass bias location on this ball. just pin and cg my mistake

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

No problem. We're still looking, but with the success of rotogrip's line, I'm still leaning towards the Mars. My wife has the Cell and I have the Rogue Cell and we're very happy with them. They're just too much ball lately.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

How about a Nomad? split the difference between the mars and rogue...
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Actually, most balls in the planet line would do well for you Kev, especially if you can get earlier balls for less than the current lineup (mars / nomad). I can't say anything negative about them -- if I weren't loyal, I'd have a lot more RG on the racks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123