Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown Clear Polyester

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Roto Crown spare ball

The new Roto Grip spare ball the Crown is the coolest looking spare ball on the market. Besides being cool this ball is a ball you can go straight with for those pesky ten pins or 7 pins if you are left handed. I have never seen a spare ball go so straight. This makes those spares lots easier there is no guess work, just draw a line with your eyes to the spare you are after and throw the Crown down that line. This ball will stay on that line. Now for the best part you will be noticed as everyone who see’s you bowling will be asking where you got this ball. It is by far the best looking spare ball on the market today. Bob Korth writer of the ASK BOB Q. and A. article.
    Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 09-09-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Default The Crown Poly- OOOOOH SHINY!

I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t all that excited about this ball. I just needed a new spare ball, so I ordered one. What really surprised me was how cool this ball actually looks! It gets comments from all sorts of folks. It seems to share in some of the Mars’ iridescence and also keeps kind of a rugged medieval look at the same time.

We all know that all plastic balls perform in a pretty similar manner, so why not buy one that looks rad? Why not rep one of the top manufacturers on the tour last season? Why not declare yourself King of Them All?

Default Crown Spare

Roto Grips all new look in one cool looking spareball.This new crown clear polyester spare ball is not just going to get those single pin conversations out of your way,but you will have the coolest spare ball going down lane and in your bowling bag.Cause of its clear polyester cover this ball wont hook at all,once you ain and throw for those single pins make sure to throw it in the right spot.If not, well just say good bye cause this ball will not hook back.So for you bowlers out there looking for a new spare ball out there make sure to pick yourself up one of this.Once you have your hand on this ball its like holding all the power of the crown in your hands

Default Crown Poly Review

Ball specs – 15 lbs 2 oz, 3 5/8 oz top weight

Given Roto Grip’s history of the “Golden Globe” and the “Spare Tire”, you’d think it would be difficult to continue to release inventive, great looking spare balls. Roto Grip’s most recent release, the Crown Polyester, does not disappoint and continues this great linage with its hand painted raised medieval graphics wrapped with a very clear polyester cover.

My Crown Poly was drilled over the label and was left in OOB condition, which is 3500 polished. It is great looking, goes very straight, and will see action as a spare ball and for toasty conditions when the entry-level equipment is still too strong.

John Brodersen

Default great looking ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is only one word to describe this ball and that is COOL. It is the best looking spare ball i have ever seen. but to me it is not just a spare ball it also works really well on dry lanes. The house I bowl at has really really really strong backends. So at times all my other stuff is just to strong. when that happens I pull this baby out and just have a field day with it. This thing even for a plastic ball hits really hard. So if you are looking for a good hitting ball for super scorched lanes or a just a great looking ball. The RotoGrip crown is going to be your best bet. with that being said good luck and high scores to you all, nd remember RotoGrip is the KING of them ALL.

Default Crown Spare Ball

My Axis is 5 5/8 right, ¼ up, my speed is average and I would consider myself with higher revs but more up the back. So not a cranker but not really straight either.

Drilled straight up.

I am a believer of plastic. Don’t let the lane condition cause you to miss spares. Take the lane condition out of play for most spares and your spare game will be the same on all conditions. With that said, who says you can’t have a cool looking spare ball. Not only does it look cool, but it’s what you need to go straight.

What is Bowling?

Default Crown Clear Polyester

Roto Grip CROWN CLEAR POLYESTER, 15LB

The Crown Polyester looks awesome. For me the CROWN is a spare ball. It goes straight where you throw it no matter the lane condition. I drilled the ball and have had tons of people ask what I was throwing at my spares. It is also a great looking ball on the shelf. It just sells itself. Roto Grip has made another great ball.

Blog Entries

Talking Crown Polyester

This is a sweet looking ball. It seems like a lot of polyester balls go too straight even when you move the CG and pin out. This ball will hook a little and works great for splits when you need that one or two boards of hook at the last second to kick a pin across the deck. This is one of the few spare balls that I have had where I can pick up both left & right side spares with the occasional split with no problem. This ball has become my new favorite spare ball aside from the RotoGrip Grenade. Pin is 2 inches off center line with a hole.

Thumbs up Crown Poly Review

The newest "plastic" ball addition to the Roto Grip line is the Crown Clear polyester. Of the clear polyester balls currently on the market, this is by far the sharpest looking of them all.
    Recently I bowled 2 Sr PBA tour stops in Illinois and received many inquiries and positive comments on this ball. A few players said they might buy one and just keep it on display in their pro shops.

Technically, the ball has a 3500 grit surface, polished, with a low differential of .015. Its primary use would be for spare shooting or for bowling on extremely dry lanes. If you use it on an extremely dry surface, I think you will be surprised as to the hitting power of the ball.
    Try it, you'll like it.

SenorRotoGrip
    SenorRotoGrip

What is Bowling?

Default Crown Polyester

One problem I have always had with my spares is I don't have a lot of ball speed and my ball tends to get into a real heavy roll on the backend. I have never been able to roll a ball perfectly straight so once it gets to dry boards it wants to grab. When shooting 10 pins I always have to flirt with gutter and when playing in different houses and different lanes you never know if the balls going to drop in the gutter, or hook past the pin. I decide with the Crown to take a ball with the pin in and drill it with the Pin/CG right on my track. I placed the weight hole 6 3/4 " from the grip center through the pin figuring the ball shouldn't flare anyway. It worked! I've have never had a ball that allows me to go as straight at a 10 pin before. I now have a ball that not only looks great, but works. The only question I asked myself is why didn't I do this years ago?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast