Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats up with the Red Sox?

I forgot about Lugo. He and Green both played for the Rays a few years ago. Green has been a .245 hitter on average since Atlanta in 2004. He has had 6 errors since Opening Day for us. Could we find someone better?
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    I forgot about Lugo. He and Green both played for the Rays a few years ago. Green has been a .245 hitter on average since Atlanta in 2004. He has had 6 errors since Opening Day for us. Could we find someone better?
    Yeah, Green has 6 to date, and is batting just above .280... LUGO, on the other hand, is about 3 years older, batting a SOLID .214, and is an error waiting to happen (although to date, he has 1). Truth is, we're stuck with him and his 9.25 million salary or he'd be gone. We got rid of Cora instead.

I don't know what our problem is with short stop... Renteria was more than serviceable, albeit a little old. I would have liked to have ridden him out longer than we did. Gonzalez wasn't half bad, although he wasn't the same player he once was (WAAAAAAaaaaaay back when), when he was compared to Nomah and jeter. I was looking forward to seeing what this Lowrie kid has in him. When the Sox were down in Texas, last year, Lowrie played short the whole series (Cora and Lugo were the only other choices. It's really just picking the lesser of 3 evils at that point.... Rookie, idiot number 1, or idiot number 2???), and I liked what he brought to the table, although he was young and raw. He is unrefined, and was out of position quite a few times, but you know what....? He showed a lot of promise, so much so, that we got rid of Cora (once again, we CAN'T get rid of Lugo, no one in their right mind will take him!), and decided we would see if Lugo wanted to play better, or if Lowrie would take over the job this year. Guess what happened?

Know what's kind of sad, the more I think about it? Hanley Ramirez was ours.... Product of our farm system. He would have been out starting short stop. But we made a trade that you HAVE to make 100% of the time, to bring in Beckett and Lowell (there were a couple other guys involved, if memory serves, but none of them have amounted to anything so their names are escaping me). I'll never blame Theo for pulling the trigger on that trade. Even to this day, I think you have to make that trade if you could go back and do it over. But, that Hanley Ramirez guy sure is a nice looking kid, isn't he????
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

We have great news from the northeast - "Sox Sweep Yanks, Again!"
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 19

We need another series with the yankmees.... The (devil) rays seem to have our number....
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

Huge

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

HUGE win last night for the Sox. Coming back from a 4-2 deficit in the 9th to win it 8-4. Now they are 1 1/2 ahead of Texas for the wild card lead. Hopefully this gives them some momentum going into the end of August and into September. Go Sox!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12