Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida Bowlers Classic

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
    Maybe you can give me some schooling on some things.
    1. Do you get to bowl more for the more brackets you enter?
    2. Do you need to bring a partner to enter in doubles?
    3. whats the advantage to entering more brackets?
    4. do you have a choice on when to bowl, or do they call a # or something?
    5. Do you bring anyone with you or is it distracting?
    Thanks for posting about this tourney too I love competition and Ive been wanting to get in on the action, I'm excited

1) The brackets are all based off the 3 game series for that squad. Kind of like a tournament within a tournament

2) You can pick people up there for doubles if you want. Doubles is optional. You dont have to bowl both singles and doubles. You can but not needed. You can bowl just singles or just doubles if you want as well.

3) The more brackets you enter the more $$ you can win. "$25 for winning and $10 for 2nd".. Also the more you enter the better the chance of getting through to the next games since you will be paired against different people so you may lose a couple but win others and get to continue.

4) You have the choice when to bowl. There are 2 cuts on saturday with 3 squads in each cut and 1 cut on sunday, also with 3 squads in the cut. There are 3 "autocuts". This is where the top series with handicap for the 11:30 am and 7pm saturday cut, and 10am sunday cut make to to the semi at 3pm on sunday without having to wait out the board. If you dont get the auto cut then you are placed on a board with a advance ratio of 1 out of 6. usually about 15-20 make it per cut along with high senior, high female, and high scratch male.

5) I bring my gf every month. Some months she bowls but others she just comes and i get her to keep my score book :-).. she doesnt really like to bowl due to not getting and handicap (215 ave).. I have bought a good amount of my pins..lol Every tournament that you dont make the top 16 cut you get 1 bonus pin added each game for the next month. Male is capped at 50 pins a game and female is 60..

Any other questions you may have please ask.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Question More Tournament Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    1) The brackets are all based off the 3 game series for that squad. Kind of like a tournament within a tournament

2) You can pick people up there for doubles if you want. Doubles is optional. You dont have to bowl both singles and doubles. You can but not needed. You can bowl just singles or just doubles if you want as well.

3) The more brackets you enter the more $$ you can win. "$25 for winning and $10 for 2nd".. Also the more you enter the better the chance of getting through to the next games since you will be paired against different people so you may lose a couple but win others and get to continue.

4) You have the choice when to bowl. There are 2 cuts on saturday with 3 squads in each cut and 1 cut on sunday, also with 3 squads in the cut. There are 3 "autocuts". This is where the top series with handicap for the 11:30 am and 7pm saturday cut, and 10am sunday cut make to to the semi at 3pm on sunday without having to wait out the board. If you dont get the auto cut then you are placed on a board with a advance ratio of 1 out of 6. usually about 15-20 make it per cut along with high senior, high female, and high scratch male.

5) I bring my gf every month. Some months she bowls but others she just comes and i get her to keep my score book :-).. she doesnt really like to bowl due to not getting and handicap (215 ave).. I have bought a good amount of my pins..lol Every tournament that you dont make the top 16 cut you get 1 bonus pin added each game for the next month. Male is capped at 50 pins a game and female is 60..

Any other questions you may have please ask.
    Yeah I always have questions

Um, Do you pay when you get to the center, or can you pay up front by pay pal or CC?
    So the pricing is $50 per bracket you enter and the forth bracket is only $10 more.
    And you said you do 10 brackets per squad so that $320 for the day if my math is right, and that gives you 8 chances to win?
    Then lets say 6 out of your 8 chances beats the players in those brackets you get back $150
    Then what if 2 of you brackets get into the top 5, can you win $400 for both?
    And If you bowl on sat morning 3 games is that all the bowling you do the whole day unless you do doubles?
    and if so can you bowl more on Sunday if you wanna do more brackets, Like if your first 3 games kinda stank
    And do you have to wait till Sunday night to find out if you placed?
    And for me as a first timer do you think I should go for a lot of brackets or start off slow because I know I'm gonna be really excited my Ave is 166 and in my new league I bowled 6 games so far and that Avg is 177 but when I practice i bowl 180's 200's but some times i go off the deep end with like a 144 or something.
    And Will they go by my winter league #'s of 166 or the new league 6 game #'s of 177?
    Last edited by mrbill; 06-16-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: new info
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

ill have to reply to this one when i get home tonight due to being on my phone right now..but ill give you a quick reply... its $50 per squad (3games) thats the actual tournament... after entering the tournamnet you can get into brackets for $5 a peice.. so bacically each singles squad i bowl cost me $100... the brackets are not needed, but just a way to get a little extra $$$ if you win them.. the brackets have nothing to do with the making the cut itself... if your series is high enough you can just wait till the end of the cut and seeif you make it or if its not too good then you can bowl again...

the averages are based off of your book ave and your 21 or more current.. they take the 2 averages, add them, then divide by 2.. thats your ave the handicap would be based off.. for example if you get 21 games in before the trny and you still average 177 then it would be that plus 166.. 343.. then divided by 2 is a 171.5 average.. so you would get 44 pins a game and 132 per set... hope this helps some.. ill look at this thread again when i get home on a computer to try to add more info that i may have missed...
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

and you pay there by either cash or credit card with a $3 charge
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Future PBA Baller

Lightbulb bowl again

ill have to reply to this one when i get home tonight due to being on my phone right now..but ill give you a quick reply... its $50 per squad (3games) thats the actual tournament... after entering the tournamnet you can get into brackets for $5 a peice.. so bacically each singles squad i bowl cost me $100... the brackets are not needed, but just a way to get a little extra $$$ if you win them.. the brackets have nothing to do with the making the cut itself... if your series is high enough you can just wait till the end of the cut and seeif you make it or if its not too good then you can bowl again...

the averages are based off of your book ave and your 21 or more current.. they take the 2 averages, add them, then divide by 2.. thats your ave the handicap would be based off.. for example if you get 21 games in before the trny and you still average 177 then it would be that plus 166.. 343.. then divided by 2 is a 171.5 average.. so you would get 44 pins a game and 132 per set... hope this helps some.. ill look at this thread again when i get home on a computer to try to add more info that i may have missed...
    Oh I see now
    That's way cheaper then I thought Looks like I'm gonna be going to these Turnys now and afford it too
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

lol well make sure to keep in contact and we can meet up down there..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Future PBA Baller

Lightbulb meet up down there.

lol well make sure to keep in contact and we can meet up down there..
    Yeah, Maybe if you don't have a doubles partner we can kick some butt and show em how us BowlingBoards.com forum dwellers do
    High Game/Series 263/637

Storm usually has a couple of doubles partners...but its all good cuz you can bowl with several different people if you want so you can try to cash in a few different spots. Its a a lot of fun and there are a lot of cool people there. I have bowled FBC every month for the last 6 or 7 months now and I love it. Done decent, made a bit of money for the little I have put in. Hope to see ya around there Mr Bill
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com

Balls: Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm GravityShift, Roto Grip Neptune, Columbia 300 Wrath Dead Flush, Brunswick Twisted Fury

Avg 186
    High Game/Series 288/688

AKA Jrock

Future PBA Baller

Exclamation Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock4207 View Post
    Storm usually has a couple of doubles partners...but its all good cuz you can bowl with several different people if you want so you can try to cash in a few different spots. Its a a lot of fun and there are a lot of cool people there. I have bowled FBC every month for the last 6 or 7 months now and I love it. Done decent, made a bit of money for the little I have put in. Hope to see ya around there Mr Bill
    Can't wait to be in my first tourney. I want to meet you guys and I know I'm gonna have a lot of fun, I like winning and you guys seem like you love to win as well..

I practice almost every day and today I bowled 2 games and knocked out a 206 and a 215 I'm getting better and better and my once Avg of 166 is now a 177 I'm never gonna stop and I want a nice 225 avg some day
    High Game/Series 263/637

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

dont we all..lol i look forward to meeting you..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast