Thread: Ball polishing with Power House products

Unhappy Ball polishing with Power House products

Can anyone help me in the best way to polish up my equipment..I have a ball spinner, P/H Clean & Dull, Factory finish polish, & 3 pads..1000,2000,& 4000. I've shined up my less hooking ball, but I need more length on dry lanes, it hooks too much for a senior stroker..have to throw the ball too hard on dry lanes..need some help..thanks
    I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

With what you have listed there. You would bring the ball up to 4000 first, then follow with the PH factory finish till you get a high shine.

If you are in need of even more length down the lane, then follow with Powerhouse Extender Ball Polish. This will give even more length than Factory Finish.

What kind of ball are we talking about? if its a big hooker, you might need to change balls for a dry shot.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-15-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Thank you bowl1820 I was gonna ask what ball were talking about cause it may be just the wrong ball for that shot
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

sorry fellows, with dry lanes, I use a (don't laugh) AMF Xtreme Orbit..old school, old equipment. This ball is used for most of my spares..Thanks for the info..also the P/H items were in the container I bought in a set.I think I will try the extender for dryer lanes..
    I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The AMF Orbit Xtreme was for dry to medium in it's day. But could be strong for some, they had a pearl one too. If you use it mostly for spares and sometimes the dry, you might try a weight hole in your PAP. It could tame it down even more, if the polishing don't work out.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

I would go with a 4000 sand, followed by a coat of Delayed Reaction polish. You want a non-abrasive polish to keep the underlying grit at 4000. Good luck!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

i know storm makes a 3000 polish that has no grit to it.. I use it on my spare ball and had it on my Tropical Storm prior to selling it. the name of it is Xtra Shine. you can get a small bottle for around $7-8 or a quart for 30ish
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)