Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Enter Me Posts" for the Storm Virtual Energy Bowling Ball Thread

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Exclamation Official "Enter Me Posts" for the Storm Virtual Energy Bowling Ball Thread

This thread is dedicated to Official "Enter Me Posts"

Please
    Read read the RULES BEFORE POSTING >>> Read the Rules

After you have read the rules, please post your thoughts about Storm Bowling Products in this thread only.

Please remember the 30 post rule.

Here is an overview for this great Storm Bowling Ball Virtual Energy.

Design Intent: Virtual™ Energy

Since the release of the Virtual Gravity, Storm has been inundated with positive feedback and inquires of future designs. The combination of the Gravity Shift and Virtual Gravity gave bowlers a look that they had never seen before on heavier oil; mid-lane control with explosive back-end reactions. One of the greatest features is their adaptability on changing back-end motion depending on the layout chosen.

Our intent with the Virtual Energy is to utilize the early revving motion and explosive back-end characteristics of the Shape-Lock™ HD core, along with the performance proven R2X™ coverstock. The coverstock is the key element to this equation and engineering the right blend of solids and pearls to create the perfect compliment to its predecessors.

Overview:

The testing phase brought several factors into play. We tested several coverstock combinations with the profilometer, as well as, on-lane C.A.T.S. testing. Our goal was to develop a ball that utilizes the best characteristics of its predecessors as well as creating its own unique performance.

Our final product is the R2X™ Hybrid. The combination of the two pearls and a solid reactive delivers the perfect fit within our product line. The solid generates just enough mid-lane read on the heavier volume patterns, while the two pearlized parts deliver the strong motion on the back-end.

The Virtual™ Energy is the perfect complement to Storm’s Premier line of bowling balls.

So good luck and we hope to talk to you in a few weeks to pick you ball weight.

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Last edited by The KingPin; 07-14-2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Go Broncos!

Default storm ball

I used to use storm alot but found I couldnt keep a good surface on the coverstock. With my high rev rate i was tracking the balls alot faster than I thought I should. Swichted to hammer and havent had that problem. As far as their website I think its pretty good. I would make a few changes if I had say, but I dont so no biggy. But I will take a free bowling ball anytime. count me in!!
    Joe Mainville
    usbc member #8291-825
    highest 07-08 avg-193
    current avg-216
    high game- 300
    high series- 714

im proud to be a member of bowlingboards.com
    www.bowlsk.com

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

i have been throwing storm products since i started bowling. the have some of the most aggressive balls on the market if not the most....they are going in the right direction with the soon to be released Natural which will help add to the line-up of dry lane equipment... the only thing that i dislike about the site is that the discontinued overseas balls are not listed anymore like the discontinued american balls are... I like to get a few overseas balls from time to time but once they stop making them i lose the specs for resurfacing and all that if i didnt save the box... i do like how you can compare the hook ratings of the balls with the tracking lines on the bass description... also i enjoy the videos of the pros talking about the new releases... over all its a nice site but would just like to see the overseas archive as well...... this all coming from someone that visits the site about 4-5 times a week.... "enter me"
    Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 06-05-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: correcting
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

We want a Shrubbery!

..but a VE would be nice too, so count me in please.

I can say I've been interested in Storm for a while now. I've been Jonesing for a Shift for some time, and am quite irritated that they retired it so quickly. I do actually have a Utah ball (RG) in my collection, and recommend Storm to my beginning bowlers for a good lighter weight ball (Tropical Storm). I hit their website about once a month to check out what's coming down the pike. When it comes to asymmetrical balls, I think Storm (and RG) probably make the best balls out there.

One day I'll have my Shift -- and then a Gravity Shift, Virtual Gravity, and hopefully a Virtual Energy won proudly from bowlingboards.com
    Last edited by Graaille; 06-05-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Visited the Storm site- I liked the section where you-the consumer-write a review or accomplishments with your STORM equipment.
    When I purchased the Virtual Gravity in March, it was my first Storm ball. All I can say is WOW. During the last 2 months of the season, I had no less than 6 series in the 690's a 720 and my personal best of 749. It is usually the first ball, and most times the only ball out of the bag.

Enter me for the drawing for the Virtual Energy!!!!
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I used the Matchmaker™ to see what ball it thought I should be using. This is the criteria I entered:

Experience Level: Advanced

Current Average: 151-200

Ball Speed: Medium
    (Here they should include some mph ranges so we know what they think is slow, medium and fast.)

Rev Rate: Medium
    (Here they should include some rpm ranges so we know what they think is lower, medium and faster.)

Axis of Rotation: Medium

Lane Condition: Medium

The main ball featured was the "Furious" part of the Hot series of balls, I had said this was a ball I wanted in another thread so I agree with this pick.

Some other balls it said I might like are the Virtual™ Energy which is part of the Premier line and the prize in this contest.

Also the Second Dimension™ from the Master line and the Team Storm™ from the Ice line.

The Matchmaker™ did ok at making a 4 ball arsenal here.

Something I would like to go with the Matchmaker™ is for it to show a ball path comparison like they have on the ball detail pages, for the recommended balls.

Or for there to be a page like the Matchmaker™ page, that allows you to pick the balls that it shows in the ball path comparison diagram. So you can see how they all compare to each other.

I have one Storm ball currently a "Pyro" it is good ball, I used it on the Cheetah pattern in a Pro-Am to come in at second place with it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 06-05-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Well, I have loved storm ever since i first heard of them. The Super Power Pearl was the first ball of theirs i got, and it was a BEAST. At the time i was like 11, and it was a 12 lb ball, and i shot a lot of 230s with it. Not bad for 12 lbs, no matter who is throwing it. Not long after i got a ball for free from a friend, was a 10 lb Super Power, even it could shoot 200s. At the time, i didnt think much of it, but now, knowing how light those balls were, it is amazing. Storm has been the best company out for a while now, and the Virtual Gravity is further proof of it. My average has jumped 20 pins since getting this ball. And the gravity shift is perfect for when the lane burns up a bit. If i had a virtual energy, i would never need another companies ball, VG, VE, and GS would be perfect for me no matter what im on.

As for the stormbowling website, Ive been there many times, and its extremely easy to navigate. Just overall a great company.

I WANT THIS BALL! Enter me
    I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

16 years bowling, serious about bowling for the last year or two, 201 high average, Too many current balls to list, Virtual Gravity is the newest. High game 267, set 693.

Chats: 2315

The Storm web site itself, I think it's a pretty cool layout compared to what it used to be. I kind of like the clips as they involve the pros on staff and the other guys behind it all to talk about the balls. The ball matchmaker is kind of cool too, to help give some idea of what ball one should get. However, the more serious bowler would be better off to do more research in my opinion.

I honestly have not thrown a single Storm ball, so I can't say anything good or bad about them from experience. What I can say is that it seems like they have a very good line of bowling balls to suit many styles and lane conditions. The only thing that's bothered me in the past year or so is that they haven't had a true dry lane ball, and I hope the Natural changes that. Assuming that's the case, I could theoretically make a pretty successful all-Storm arsenal. I can't say that about too many companies. Also, they have a good number of staffers that give good, in depth reviews of each new ball on how they perform and on a number of conditions. This gives something for people to go by if they might want it. I've heard that their balls tend to crack around the fingers, but I'm not sure if that's the a defect in the ball or the driller's fault. It's not all balls, and it doesn't happen to everyone, so I wonder what causes that. When it comes to customer service, Storm as well as Roto Grip seem to be as good as anyone else, based on stories I've read.

That's my outlook on Storm right now. Enter me, please.

Thunder-Hammer!
    Chats: 0

Cool

Hammerguy529 here......enter me in the contest please. Many thanks! 15 pounds!

As far as Storm goes, I've always wanted to try their equipment. It seems like they are top notch, and I just like the overall look of their products and to be bluntfully honest, one of the features I've always found myself interested in was the idea of scented balls. Had I not been using all hammer/ebonite equipment I would already have a storm ball or 3 in my bag! I've been having my eye on the virtual gravity for 2 months now and I must say I will have one before the day is over with.

Storms website is layed out very well. I found it very easy to navigate and very appealing to the eyes! My proshop recently had a furious ball that I managed to take a gander at. I was very VERY impressed with the way it looked and the way it smelled. Storm is definitely a brand I will try in the future and I am hoping it will do wonders for me! Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Hammerguy529; 06-05-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: finalized my post.
    I'm Donny!

Arsenal= all in 15# Hammer Black Widow Venom, BW Clear, Hot sauce, Hammer Clear hammer(my collectible), and Emerald Vibe.

Ebonite Magic , and an Ebonite Maxim spareball

I'm proud to be a member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums!!!

well i have had 4 storm bowling balls that i really liked the storm super power the storm x factor xxx factor and the storm core power. Storm has a great arching back end on there balls so i really like them although i perfer columbia but storm is good in fact i still throw my super power all the others crackd

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast