Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second Dimension

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    How would it compare with a Domination, layed out the exact same way?
    For me the Domination is much longer and much more angular than the 2nd Dimension. The 2nd Dimension picks up a much more consistant smooth roll in the midlane while maintaining a strong backend.

The 2nd Dimension is stronger in the fronts and hooks more overall.

Default SECOND DIMENSION update from Storm Staffer Jeff Richgels

SECOND DIMENSION
    REDRILL
    4 5/8 pin to PAP, 4 1-4 MB to PAP, 3 1-2 pin buffer
    Pin is over ring finger, about 75 degree drilling, hole on grip center line 4 1-2 inches over
    Redrilling my SECOND with a much stronger drilling definitely improved the reaction for me but it also became a little touchy in the box finish, especially on conditions with heavy oil in the middle.
    (Original drilling 5 7/8 pin to PAP, 4 MB to PAP, 5 1/8 pin buffer. Had some success but carry was not great and on heavier oil concentration it was not strong enough. My decision to change drillings was that smoothness of ball matched better with strong drilling for my moderate speed and 325-350 rev rate.)
    After consulting with Ernest Goedicke of Storm I elected to rough the surface with a used 1,000 Ab pad on a spinner and then shine it. That should give it good glide to the breakpoint while eliminating the possible squirt and overly sharp reaction at the breakpoint.
    My first use of it came this weekend at the Wisconsin State Tournament. Team event was basically a house shot with a little OB on old wood. I tried a VIRTUAL (too early) and PARADIGM (too sharp) and had 171 in the 9th the first game when I pulled out the SECOND. Mixer 7-pin, spare and strike in 10th for 191. Then a 300. Then front six in game three before a solid 8-pin. Then a double and a rung 10.
    Also used it at start of minors on Sunday at a new Brunswick synthetic house that had a very hooking house shot that broke down very fast.
    The SECOND again worked very well for a couple of games before I had to put it away.
    Needless to say, I got exactly the characteristics out of the ball I wanted. And this clearly will get a lot of use for me.
    FYI: I did the same thing to my HY-ROAD with almost the exact drilling and it also gave it a much more predictable reaction.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Great ball and great reaction!!!
    Go Broncos!

Ive been using the 2nd D for 3 weeks now. It hits very hard, and has exceeded my expectations.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    Ive been using the 2nd D for 3 weeks now. It hits very hard, and has exceeded my expectations.

Wow that is great. I think we may be getting some inside reviews on this very soon.
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?

Default Second dimension by Staffer Dan Higgins

SECOND DIMENSION -pin above ring finger- 4 1/2 pin to PAP, Cg kicked at 70 degrees drilled exactly same specs to DIMESINON I have. This ball took me time for me to experiment on various house shots and tournament conditions. The ball is cleaner through the heads and midlane for me and when the ball comes of the breakpoint it has very strong continuous roll. This ball on the typical house pattern needs to fine some friction around the break point in order to start the strong motion. I have hit the ball with light 4000 abralon and I seem to get the ball to read the lane a little better overall. I really like the reaction and have had success using it on a fresh 40 foot flat crown pattern(amf synthetic surface) and also using on the PBA VIPER and Scorpion pattern (Brunswick Pro Anvilane) The ball fits in the arsenal great has given me different look and shape
    Last edited by The KingPin; 06-06-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Great write and thanks for sharing. What else do you have in your arsenal?
    Go Broncos!

Default Second Dimension

Layout 5.5 x 5 no hole pin up

axis 5 1/2 over 1/4 up
    med-high revs
    med ball speed
    14lbs

This ball does exactly what you expect it to...rev hard and turn the corner hard. I wasnt able to use the original dimension all that much, but this one seems to be the best ball in my bag for a THS, compared it mostly to my Rapid Fire Pearl...same layout....the SD read the lane earlier and covered about 7-8 more boards overall. This is easily the best pearl ive drilled for any solid amount of oil! Havent got to use on any PBA patterns, but when I do I will update.
    --------------------
    chads pro shop
    storm amateur staff

Default Storm 2nd Dimension

WOW.... Another proven winner from our friends in Utah! I layed my Second Dimension out with a 4x4 layout with a small hole straight across and lightly hit the cover with a beat up 2000 pad. The pin is to the right of my ring finger and slightly above. My axis is 4 3/4 and 1 up. It is so predictable through the front just like every storm ball on the market today, and extremely angular down lane. The perfect compliment to the Dimension Solid. When the dimesion tends to read a hair to soon, switch to your second dimension and open the whole lane up to many possibilities... The R2x cover with the additives on top of the dimension core= trouble to everyone else out there who doesnt have one in their hands. A total disadvantage to the competition!!! Go out and experience the 2nd Dimension! Bowl Up A Storm.......
    --------------------
    Erik Ramos
    PBA Storm Regional Staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12