Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BowlingBoards.com Needs your input

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Unhomed View Post
    These are nothing but a headache and cause hurt feelings and endless complaints of how unfair this and that is.

No one mentioned Cosmic bowler?

Hello and thank you for your comments.

Really if you look at the phrases, many of them are uplifting and a goal to shoot forward.

Reputation is in place to help confirm that your getting information from a reliable source.

Could you clarify what you mean?

Thanks

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

anchor
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post

Reputation is in place to help confirm that your getting information from a reliable source.

Thanks

Chris
    My suspicion about what he means is that reputation system on some forums turns out to be a glorified popularity contest, where some people look on it as everything they say should require several hits of positive reputation, and if someone doesn't agree with something that's been said, can tank their reputation as well. Only way I've seen it work in a way that seems logical is where only admins can assign reputation based on nominations (i.e. hitting the 'give reputation' button on the post itself) That way it's policed better, albeit a bigger p.i.t.a. for admins.

The emphasis that reputation is there to confirm that info is coming from a reliable source is why I made the original caveat in my posting -- I'd be adjusting some of the suggestions between 'posting titles' which are more performance oriented, and 'reputation titles' that are more . . . . coaching oriented.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graaille View Post
    My suspicion about what he means is that reputation system on some forums turns out to be a glorified popularity contest, where some people look on it as everything they say should require several hits of positive reputation, and if someone doesn't agree with something that's been said, can tank their reputation as well. Only way I've seen it work in a way that seems logical is where only admins can assign reputation based on nominations (i.e. hitting the 'give reputation' button on the post itself) That way it's policed better, albeit a bigger p.i.t.a. for admins.

The emphasis that reputation is there to confirm that info is coming from a reliable source is why I made the original caveat in my posting -- I'd be adjusting some of the suggestions between 'posting titles' which are more performance oriented, and 'reputation titles' that are more . . . . coaching oriented.

Exactly great thoughts.
    Go Broncos!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Ok so now we need to get down to 10 ranks.

we can start with

What is Bowling?
    Turkey

or what ever and start adding to the list

We are going to be breaking everyone up into categories based on post count. But we need some ransk first

Chris
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Hello and thank you for your comments.

Really if you look at the phrases, many of them are uplifting and a goal to shoot forward.

Thanks

Chris
    Hi Chris.

I belong to IMBOC (essentially it the Bullitt Mustang Club) and the reputation 'score' has been nothing but a contoversy and it ended up being removed and put on hold indefinitely. I've seen nice guys trashed because they have an unpopular viewpoint and jerks celebrated because it's cool to have an 'attitude'. IMHO, listing reputation, however well intentioned, has limited benifits and potential for great harm. Thanks for listening!

My .02, and I'm sticking with it .

Rik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12