Thread: (A.B.T.) Amateur Bowlers Tour

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Post (A.B.T.) Amateur Bowlers Tour

Anyone a member of this?
    It looks good and has a great membership Package for $75.00, Package includes first entry, first year membership
    And an ABT embroidered shirt.
    It seems they have turnys every week. But I dont know if I become an Amateur, can I still bowl in other turneys? check it out abtbowling.com
    Let me know what you all think..............
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

If you are speaking of the FL ABT its really not worth it to be honest... They charge a membership but after the 1st year you really dont get anyhting out of it but yet continue to pay for the membership.. Also I know where we had a branch in Jacksonville that the trny payouts were not all that great.. I had looked into joining the orlando branch but didnt after hearing too many bad things.. But you do choose to do it, it will not effect joining any other tournaments.. You are considered an amateur right now.. As long as you are not pro sanctioned then you are amateur.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Question Some more Info

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    If you are speaking of the FL ABT its really not worth it to be honest... They charge a membership but after the 1st year you really dont get anyhting out of it but yet continue to pay for the membership.. Also I know where we had a branch in Jacksonville that the trny payouts were not all that great.. I had looked into joining the orlando branch but didnt after hearing too many bad things.. But you do choose to do it, it will not effect joining any other tournaments.. You are considered an amateur right now.. As long as you are not pro sanctioned then you are amateur.
    Do you have any links Storm on People talking about the ABT Orlando?
    And Do you know about any other tourneys around that do it more then once a month like Bowlers classic?
    I want to bowl and test my skills in tourneys and waiting for the next bowlers classic is like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Chats: 3

A man who bowls the 9 pin tourneys at my home center approached me yesterday about joining this actually.
    All of the tournaments in the Chicagoland area aren't far from my house, so I'm thinking about signing up for it in the very near future.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

There is a trny in tampa every month usually the month after FL classic... but once again the entry to pay ratio isnt that great.. its $50 for hndicap and pays $500 to 1st and $100 for scratch and pays $1000 for 1st... I cant seem to find the link now...they may not run them anymore..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

It's pure hearsay, but I've heard complaints about aggressive re-rating of averages. This might be a good thing or bad thing, depending on your point of view.

Having said that, I generally don't bowl handicap tournaments, so take that with a grain of salt.

$75 for a one-year membership doesn't seem to be a high price to pay to check something out. Live a little. Splurge It's less than the cost of a new bowling ball. Let us know what you think of it and how you do.
    Last edited by JAnderson; 06-22-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row