Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm Natural

Default *~Storm NATURAL video from Videoballreviews.com~*

Hi all,

I'm proud to present to you my new Storm Natural video.

http://www.videoballreviews.com/natural.html

Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT91BR0BuCE

The natural is truly a unique reaction that was absolutely needed in the storm lineup. Anyone who sees high friction oil patterns, or broken down conditions will want and need this ball.

As you can see in the video the reaction is about as smooth as it gets. I compared to a furious because they have the same Surface and core. I also put the same layout on both. The only difference between the two is that the natural is Urethane and the furious is Reactive Resin. Its amazing how far we have come with coverstock technology and hook potential, and this is proof.

While the natural doesn't have an extremely aggressive core, it matches up very well with the urethane shell, and gives you plenty of power and drive at the pins.

This ball is gonna find its way into a lot of bowlers bags, and most likely bail them out of some tough situations...

Thanks for reading!

--------------------
    Britton
    Owner/Operator of Videoballreviews.com
    Multi Media Consultant
    Storm Products, Inc.
    www.stormbowling.com
    www.rotogrip.com
    Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 09-09-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Chats: 0

Default (updated) NATURAL REVIEW from Storm staffer Jeff Richgels

NATURAL

5 1/4 pin to PAP, 6 1/4 "MB" to PAP, 4 1/4 pin buffer
    Drilling is pin over bridge with CG about grip center. No hole.
    That's a drilling I generally like for balls designed to get down the lane on hooking or burned out patterns. Other balls I have this drilling in include T-ROAD PEARL and TROPICAL.

The NATURAL is Storm's "blast from the past" urethane -- "U2S" coverstock – ball using the Turbine core found in the FAST, FURIOUS and the STREET RODS.

My expectation for the NATURAL was that it would be similar to an old-time urethane like a Blue Hammer or Black U-Dot but a little more dynamic with the Turbine core.

My first experience with it was on a wet/dry house shot on 6-year-old Brunswick Pro Anvilane synthetics.

As expected, the NATURAL has essentially zero flip. DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE THIS BALL MAKE A SHARP MOVE ANYWHERE! When I tried going in and out my reaction was bucket/face.

However, when I got my feet to the right and went direct up about 10 board, the NATURAL rolled hard and true to the pocket, taming out the wet/dry. The result was six straight dead flush strikes. This ball rolls through the pocket very strong if you have it rolling. I did leave one classic 5-7 when I was trying to be in the oil hooking it.

I brought a BARBED WIRE (the straightest reactive Storm ball I've ever thrown) along as a comparison and it was fairly close. I could play the house shot exactly the same with the only difference being slightly more reaction from the BARBED WIRE, which is what you'd expect.

I would expect the NATURAL to be popular for those trying to tame down a wet/dry reaction. And I think it will have use on certain short Sport patterns, such as PBA Cheetah. I will have a chance to try it on Cheetah at a regional July 10-12 and will update my review after that.
    Last edited by Riggs; 07-13-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Default Storm Natural

I had my Natural drilled today. Went with a very basic label drilling with the pin above the bridge and the CG directly below in the center of the palm... I threw the ball on a fresh oil THS and I must say it did want I was looking for.. NOTHING..lol Wellnot really nothing but it had a very slight hook and NO snap at all. This is what I was looking for the dry lanes.This ball will not over hook.. I even tried taking speed off and could not get snap oout of this ball with this layout.. Storm finally came out with a dry lane ball that isnt aggressive. I really like this ball and when it hits,it hits hard!..Great ball for those dry shots!
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Thumbs up Getting to the next level

I See why good bowlers need there Arsenal to have diffrent rolls.
    I Know some day I will get to that point and have a great time doing it.
    Gratz on the new ball Storm
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Bowler

I was thinking of picking one of these up for the exact same reaction, but for use on reverse block situations or when the plastic ball bowlers in the leagues before me move the oil all over the place. How do you think that would work?

I have a Lane #1 Bullet for the dry, so don't really need the Natural to fill that gap.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougb View Post
    I was thinking of picking one of these up for the exact same reaction, but for use on reverse block situations or when the plastic ball bowlers in the leagues before me move the oil all over the place. How do you think that would work?

I have a Lane #1 Bullet for the dry, so don't really need the Natural to fill that gap.

with playing a reverse block, where are you wanting to play the lanes? if looking to play the outside down and in shot I dont really thing that this would be the right ball. I was shooting on a fresh house shot that is known throughout the city to be very blocked up. I was not able to get the ball back with playing anyhing 10 or out. Now the layout does have alot to do that as well. with a more aggressive layout you may be able to get what you are wanting though.

as for bowling after the plastic balls.... I am really not too sure how this ball would react in carry down if it would really react at all.. for something like that i would probably go to a low-mid range ball that will get through the oil that has been pushed down the lanes.. I have been throwing my Furious more since friday when it was drilled and tha is a very good low end ball.. usually around 90-95 online.. same as the natural and in the same line, but has a very good reaction.. I currently have my furious drilld 3 3/8 x 3 3/8 and is hooking and flairing more than some of my higher range ball..

Hopefully i helped out in some way... also if you want to see the furious, i have a reaction video that i made on youtube.. just use the link under my userid
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    with playing a reverse block, where are you wanting to play the lanes? if looking to play the outside down and in shot I dont really thing that this would be the right ball. I was shooting on a fresh house shot that is known throughout the city to be very blocked up. I was not able to get the ball back with playing anyhing 10 or out. Now the layout does have alot to do that as well. with a more aggressive layout you may be able to get what you are wanting though.

as for bowling after the plastic balls.... I am really not too sure how this ball would react in carry down if it would really react at all.. for something like that i would probably go to a low-mid range ball that will get through the oil that has been pushed down the lanes.. I have been throwing my Furious more since friday when it was drilled and tha is a very good low end ball.. usually around 90-95 online.. same as the natural and in the same line, but has a very good reaction.. I currently have my furious drilld 3 3/8 x 3 3/8 and is hooking and flairing more than some of my higher range ball..

Hopefully i helped out in some way... also if you want to see the furious, i have a reaction video that i made on youtube.. just use the link under my userid

Thanks for the advice. I am a low revs stroker who likes to play the second or third arrow, depending on lane conditions. I usually start around 10-12 and move left as the evening progresses. We rarely get oil outside the 10 in our house but often get carrydown and reverse blocks.

My two benchmarks are a T-Road Pearl and a Columbia 300 Rival. I picked up a used Rapid Fire Solid and I think I'm going to have my shop drill it specifically for these conditions, so I can do a down-and-in shot up the 10. I expect the RFS to be able to cut through any carrydown.

The Fast and Furious seem like great balls for the price!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

to be honest the rapid fire is very tempermental (spelling).... i had one for a few games and gave it away... i would throw 2 exact same shots and get totally different reactions... sometimes it would take off and other would do nothing at all.. it was v ery strange and the layout i used was a layout that i put on like 85 percent of my balls...

with the style your described the natural could actually be a good ball for you if you stay inside. the only "issue" i would see is if you got the ball outside it may not come back... with lower revs and urathane ball i would suggest a high flair layout. a good large flair layout i have found is the pin 3 3/8 from PAP and the mb 3 3/8 from PAP... you will need a longer pin ball for this usually.

or even the furious drilled rather weak would be a good fit.. it has the same coverstock as the rapid fire but a little weaker weight block.

keep me posted on how you like your rapid fire...
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    to be honest the rapid fire is very tempermental (spelling).... i had one for a few games and gave it away... i would throw 2 exact same shots and get totally different reactions... sometimes it would take off and other would do nothing at all.. it was v ery strange and the layout i used was a layout that i put on like 85 percent of my balls...

with the style your described the natural could actually be a good ball for you if you stay inside. the only "issue" i would see is if you got the ball outside it may not come back... with lower revs and urathane ball i would suggest a high flair layout. a good large flair layout i have found is the pin 3 3/8 from PAP and the mb 3 3/8 from PAP... you will need a longer pin ball for this usually.

or even the furious drilled rather weak would be a good fit.. it has the same coverstock as the rapid fire but a little weaker weight block.

keep me posted on how you like your rapid fire...
    I don't expect the Rapid Fire to move much because of the layout: pin over middle finger and mb in a pretty straight line just a little left of the grip center. See pic here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Bowling This Month talked about the advantages for low rev strokers laying a ball out like this in the June edition. They suggest you can use it for spare shots, inside direct shots on drier lanes, and for shooting from the right side in reverse block conditions. I got the ball for very little on Ebay and want to try this layout. Will let the Board know how it works out!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Yeah, That layout is borderline negative. You should get Very long length before it starts to react. I have a ball laid out that that as well. Good luck and let us know
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast