Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm Natural

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    Yeah, That layout is borderline negative. You should get Very long length before it starts to react. I have a ball laid out that that as well. Good luck and let us know
    Indeed the Rapid Fire with that layout goes very long, and makes a very slight turn at the break point. I had the opportunity to try this on both dry lanes and on a THS that was breaking down quickly. In both cases, this was a good move when my T-Road Pearl wanted to come in high. I laid this ball on the 13 board and watched it come in to the pocket over and over again at the end. And the Twin V core delivers the carry that people say... I knew when my first 4 shots with it were strikes that I made the right move with this ball. And for $40 (I didn't need to redrill it either) how could I go wrong?

I also found this layout extremely helpful for making right side spares, especially buckets. Only thing I couldn't pick off was the 10 pin, even with hand adjustments. StormBowler13, what do you use your ball with this layout for?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

its a street rod solid... i use it for the drier lanes.. well i did.. i shot like 4 games with it and i dont think i will be throwing it anymore.. since i got the natural i dont have a need for it.. i will be gettin another natural here within the next couple weeks to put a little more aggressive layout on it.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Thumbs up Storm Natural Review by Storm Staffer Justin Buford

A blast from past with a modern touch! I am too young to know what it was like to truly compete with Urethane bowling balls back in the day. But now I see why my father still loves his urethane ball. I've always had an issue with lane conditions once they break down. The Natural has definitely filled a hole in my bag that I have been trying to fix for a couple of years now.
    I drilled my Natural with a dual angle layout of 60 x 2 ½ x 40. Out of box the ball would skid a down lane and have no real movement at all even with the lane being fried. I hit the surface a burgundy scotch brite pad and this ball came to life for me. What it allowed me to do was stay playing down 10 instead of moving deep inside to try to bank off the friction.Of my hand the Natural made gentle move to the left and continued towards the pocket. I had little to no backend motion which is going to serve me well when I hit the shorter patterns or fall into a situation when the lanes are just completely destroyed. The hitting power of the Natural was phenomenal, I am so excited to see this ball in tournament action. I posted a video at the end of this review.

This ball may not be for everyone, but for tournament bowlers and bowlers who have a hard time with drier conditions, you will want to have this ball in your bag. In my honest opinion the combination of the Fast, Furious, and the Natural, make an awesome and reliable 1-2-3 punch for any bowler on today’s lane conditions.

The Natural is a ball for the Young and Old. A blast from the past (Urethane) with a modern touch (Turbine Core).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96K0myV7iyE
    Justin Buford
    Storm Amateur Staff
    Cliff Barnes Pro Shop- Strike Zone Brunswick, GA
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcat300

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    its a street rod solid... i use it for the drier lanes.. well i did.. i shot like 4 games with it and i dont think i will be throwing it anymore.. since i got the natural i dont have a need for it.. i will be gettin another natural here within the next couple weeks to put a little more aggressive layout on it.
    I used this ball again last night and loved it. As long as I kept on the oil line, it was tame. If I threw it out into the dry, it moved a little too much for my liking. The ball delivered, but by the end of the 3rd game I was playing more of an inside line than I prefer.

It seems like you can stay on the outside with the Natural when the lanes dry up. The ball seems to have that smooth, tame, predictable reaction I want.

Also, my understanding is you can use it on more than dry lanes, too. I think it's time to save money for a Natural!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Updating my NATURAL review with some FIGJAM -- made the semis at the regional in Belton, MO this weekend on Cheetah using the NATURAL almost the entire weekend.

NATURAL is everything I hoped it would be -- absolutely awesome control with plenty of power.

Details are in my blog:

http://77square.com/sweat/blog/frame11/entry_458157

Default Storm Natural

Hand: Left
    Ball Speed: 16-17mph
    Ball Weight: 15lbs
    Pin: 2-2.5
    Layout: Pin under ring finger and cg in the middle

The Natural is an awesome urethane ball! It is a great ball for the dry lanes or when you bowl on a sport shot when the heads are gone especially when it is a shorter sport shot or if there is too much backend and you need something to stay in line and not over react. Great for the high rev dominant bowlers. It hits really hard for a urethane due to the same weight block that is in the Fast and Furious.

I have used it so far on a house shot at my center at AMF Pinole Valley Lanes where its always dry and this ball never over reacted. If I do get it in a little patch of oil it is going to slide further before it makes a move. It is also a great ball to practice with to see how consistent you are since there is really no room for error with this ball.

Good luck to everyone that grabs his or her hand on this ball its awesome!

I have a picture of my Natural drilled in my photo album on myspace! Also I have a video up on videoballreviews.com. If you have any questions about the Natural email me at grichardson7716@aol.com.

Garrett Richardson
    Storm Staff
    Al Louie's Pinole/Diablo Valley Pro Shop
    www.myspace.com/grstorm
    www.myvemma.com/grstorm
    www.stormbowling.com

What is Bowling?

Default Natural Ball Review by Amateur Storm Staffer Casey Murphy

Name: Casey Murphy
    Style: Right handed, 425 rpm, 16 mph ball speed
    Axis: 4 13/16 over, 5/16 up

Ball: Natural
    Layout: Dual Angle Layout (35 degree drilling angle, 4 13/16 inch from axis,70 degree angle to the val) The pin is below and centered between my fingers, cg is kicked out quite a bit with a balance hole.

Playing around just after drilling the ball
    Lane Surface: Synthetic Heads, Wood Backends
    Condition: House Condition, High volume. A lot of oil from 10 to 10, just a little less oil from 9 out to the gutter
    Was interested to see this modern version of a urethane ball. Didn't really know what to expect going into drilling the ball, but my first shot in practice surprised me. The ball hooked quite a bit more than i expected. I was able to play pretty straight around the track the ball fed to the hole every time. Carrying the corners was a bit difficult on the longer house pattern, but for short patterns the Natural would be a great weapon!

Weekly League
    Lane Surface: Synthetic Heads, Wood Backends
    Condition: Kegel Challenge Pattern - Middle Road
    The Middle Road pattern is somewhat challenging. There's not a lot of room to the right and bowler's really need to keep the ball in the track area. I started the first game with a different ball and was having trouble staying in the 1-3. Decided to give the Natural a try and all of sudden i couldn't miss the pocket. Finished out with a 4 bagger in the first game and shot 667 for the next 3 games.

Overall
    The Natural is a great ball for controlling tough lane conditions and fresh backends. It is an absolute MUST BUY for lefthanders. Lefties will tear up shorter patterns off the outside with this ball.

Default Storm Natural

The NEW Storm Natural really makes me appreciate the game more with the 1980's type motion it gives me. I layed mine out 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 with a hole on my axis (4 3/4 x 1 up) This ball is a must have for real short pba or sport patterns. The Natural will keep you out of trouble on those grind type of conditions. The turbine core has turned into one of my FAVORITE core designs with my proven success with the fast, furious, and both street rods. I was extremely surprised that this ball still flared about 4-5 inches. There is also no such thing as deflection with this ball, it is just like any other STORM ball on the market, very continuous through the pins. A must have for all Tournament Bowlers!!! Bowl Up A Storm
    --------------------
    Erik Ramos
    PBA Storm Regional Staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12