Thread: Got the itch again.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Got the itch again.

After taking almost ten years off from bowling due to work and back problems, decided to take the kids out for a few games last weekend. They had a blast, and I remembered how much fun I used to have. I also remembered how much I hate house balls.

3 games on Sunday with the kids and 5 days later I got my Hammer Onyx Vibe drilled and went back to the lanes. My driller and I still have some work to do, or break down a small wall in our communication. Something is off just a little as I ended up with a very sore spot on my thumb next to the nail. Not normal. I could feel it a little prior to throwing the ball,just going through the motions in the pro shop, but thought it was due to gripping the ball.

Bowled great for using a new ball for the first time and not bowling in 10 years. First game was rough had a 114, but that was to be expected. The following 162 and 154 were a bonus. All I could think was I still got it a little. Whoa but no! Reality came crashing down 2 days later when I could only shoot a 121 and 94. Left 8 open frames. Wrist was still fatigued. Should have waited until Tuesday.

Things have changed a lot in ball design. Almost mind numbing to say the least. I knew that with the new cores, that the drill would be different to get the action I am used to, but the pin location was the most shocking for me. Opposite side of the ball if memory served me correctly. Now to just get the thumb issue corrected.

Eric

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Glad to hear you are getting back into the sport. And welcome to the site. Hope you find the site helpful and fun.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Exclamation My Back,my knee, my Arm, my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrupples View Post
    After taking almost ten years off from bowling due to work and back problems, decided to take the kids out for a few games last weekend. They had a blast, and I remembered how much fun I used to have. I also remembered how much I hate house balls.

3 games on Sunday with the kids and 5 days later I got my Hammer Onyx Vibe drilled and went back to the lanes. My driller and I still have some work to do, or break down a small wall in our communication. Something is off just a little as I ended up with a very sore spot on my thumb next to the nail. Not normal. I could feel it a little prior to throwing the ball,just going through the motions in the pro shop, but thought it was due to gripping the ball.

Bowled great for using a new ball for the first time and not bowling in 10 years. First game was rough had a 114, but that was to be expected. The following 162 and 154 were a bonus. All I could think was I still got it a little. Whoa but no! Reality came crashing down 2 days later when I could only shoot a 121 and 94. Left 8 open frames. Wrist was still fatigued. Should have waited until Tuesday.

Things have changed a lot in ball design. Almost mind numbing to say the least. I knew that with the new cores, that the drill would be different to get the action I am used to, but the pin location was the most shocking for me. Opposite side of the ball if memory served me correctly. Now to just get the thumb issue corrected.

Eric
    I was in the same boat last year very simular to what your going through and will go through
    For me first it was the Thumb and all the rubbing and swelling and contracting, it took 5 months to let my thumb settle into a ball and have 0 problems now.
    Then there was the aproch and slide, got that 85% fixed.
    Then the follow through and releace, got that 85% to my liking.
    Then the Wrist and forarm problems, got that fixed and now my ball feels alot lighter
    Then the Push off knee buckling out of knowware, 90% fixed.
    Now its all about Practice Practice Practice Practice, then wait for the next hurrdle
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Welcome back! Stay positive and keep us posted on your progress!
    In my bag right now: 15lb. Burgundy Hammer, 15lb. Hammer Real Deal, 15lb. Bigl Deal, 15lb. Brunswick Classic Zone, 15lb. Blue Dot..

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Greetings, glad you're here. Does WNC stand for west north carolina? We'll be in Winston/Salem this weekend for the Gathering at Creekside Lanes. Come on out.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Welcome back and as BYGNEL said Stay positive and keep that practice comming

What is Bowling?

Welcome back to the sport. Practice and time will take care of most issues. Stay postive. Best wishes.

What is Bowling?

Thanks for the welcome.

Got the thumb insert removed and re-drilled. Feels much better now. Revs have came up during the release and the back end is somewhat stronger.

Average is still low, but is coming up. After 16 games I am setting at 146.6. Got a long way to get back the 45 or so pins that are missing to get back to my old average. Consistency is what I am missing right now, but it will come in time. If I can get a 200 hundred game in the next 2 weeks, I will happy with that for now.

Oh the next problem isn't the knee, it is the hip flexer on the plant leg. Always something.

Eric