Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding the Yin and the Yang on Rotation

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Lightbulb Finding the Yin and the Yang on Rotation

I was having alot of problems with my ball hooking not hooking enough, and tryed many diffrent things to no avAIL
    I tryed lofting
    I tryed to shorten my approch and visa versa.
    I tryed my back swing more or less.
    I tryed working on flicking my fingers right at release.
    I tryed the 50/50 approch.
    I've been bowling almost every day for 8 months (only 2 game a day)
    But today after watching my ESPNNC/ESPN2 and youtube vids It came apon me.
    After watching and thinking it came to me, I can't crank like the younger folk so what do the strokers do that I'm not?
    I found the most extream player that gets the same rotation, not alot mind you but the same and is known for being one of if not the most technical bowler on the PBA, {Chris Barns} I don't know why it never came to me before
    I was trying to bend my wrist at the end of the stroke and muscling it and getting many diffrent reactions.
    Chris Barns Keeps his wrist extremely bent from the start and at release he can gauge it down with out musling it
    its so simple and I never even tryed it, Till Today
    8 strikes during that last practice after my week/ 8month slump.
    I found my Ying&Yang and I will keep you all posted on if it works tonight at League...........
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Future PBA Baller

Well I lost it again, I have so many ways to release the ball so many Lines to throw the ball so many everything I'm learning so fast, I mixed myself up and lost my bace....
    I have been doing so bad lately and feel so lost now on the line I need to pick 1 style and work on that.
    I have a 186 avg in my wed night league and I bowled a 149 178 136! we lost every game and pins.
    I practice almost every day and somtimes twice a day and I'm trying so many new things. My 16lb ball feels lighter my 14lbspare ball feels like a 10pounder its just Im all over the place making all the wrong choices it seems. I's hard to find help with any of my league team mate because they all have lower avg then I and most say I'm throwing the ball to fast, maybe therte right but if I throw it any slower the ball will be going backwards<<<
    Any advice plz
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

post a video... or wait 2 weeks and i could help some
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Future PBA Baller

will do. thanks
    High Game/Series 263/637

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default You're not alone...Work hard to get the form & remember to 'forget' when executing

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
    Well I lost it again, I have so many ways to release the ball so many Lines to throw the ball so many everything I'm learning so fast, I mixed myself up and lost my bace....
    I have been doing so bad lately and feel so lost now on the line I need to pick 1 style and work on that.
    I have a 186 avg in my wed night league and I bowled a 149 178 136! we lost every game and pins.
    I practice almost every day and somtimes twice a day and I'm trying so many new things. My 16lb ball feels lighter my 14lbspare ball feels like a 10pounder its just Im all over the place making all the wrong choices it seems. I's hard to find help with any of my league team mate because they all have lower avg then I and most say I'm throwing the ball to fast, maybe therte right but if I throw it any slower the ball will be going backwards<<<
    Any advice plz
    I remembered when I was in my college bowling team, the same thing happened to me. The ball just doesn't seem to want to hook, despite putting so much effort to ensure I am doing everything right.

All people I asked, told me that I was simply trying too hard.

Upon graduating, I almost gave up the sport, resigned to the fact that I could never master a proper hook, like what those PBA players are doing.

Some time ago, I chanced upon an advice from a buddy, whom I had been bowling with occasionally.
    He saw what I was doing, and advised me to just 'let it go' at the point of release.

I never believed that could work.

Nevertheless, I went back to the basics and worked on letting the ball go instead of lifting, when the swing arrives somewhere near the ankle.

Fast forward 2 years...
    Hooking the ball should really be effortless & fun!

I hope I can share this with more people, so that they can experience the thrill of watching the ball travel like a guided missile, and smashing into the pocket as if it had been programmed by a remote control.

The reaction that I am getting nowadays are getting so aggressive that I have to switch to Urethane balls to get the length & control I need.

I never regret making that decision to re-work on my game 2 years back.
    If you want to know more, feel free to write to my personal mail:

jackychua.sg@gmail.com

With warmest regards, & lots of high scores ahead!

Jacky Chua

Future PBA Baller

Post First Video

Wow Thanks for the insite and I will take it to heart be trying what you said Jacky.
    I have been working on putting together this short video of me on 070709 and in july at the florida bowlers classic.
    My ball movment is not what I would like and Now my aim seems to be off. Its like my brain is saying H00k and my body is saying noway lol
    Heres that Vid Robert, I hope I'm not a lost cause hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8HZT7v186A

If the link does not work please let me know, this is my first time trying to do it...
    Last edited by mrbill; 08-07-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: more
    High Game/Series 263/637

SandBagger

Just wondering but most of your shots went towards the middle. Were you going for the pocket or a brooklyn?

Future PBA Baller

Exclamation I was missing the mark

Quote Originally Posted by extraacount View Post
    Just wondering but most of your shots went towards the middle. Were you going for the pocket or a brooklyn?
    I was going for the pocket on all the shots.
    I was missing my mark Most of the time on the first half and on the 2nd half was a turney THS shot I think and I was playing the inside stright 10 board and my stance was the 20. My ball I just found out has never been washed in many years and I'm a noob for not notice.
    My ball always h00ked great like 10 boards on a house shot but by the 2nd 3rd games my ball would lose its reaction.....
    I took Stormbowlers/Roberts advice watched his video and washed it, (6 times) Then Went out and got 91% alcohol and wha la!!!
    My ball works great again, Knocked out a 187 and a 208 today and yesterday I got a 167 and a 213
    High Game/Series 263/637

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
    I was going for the pocket on all the shots.
    I was missing my mark Most of the time on the first half and on the 2nd half was a turney THS shot I think and I was playing the inside stright 10 board and my stance was the 20. My ball I just found out has never been washed in many years and I'm a noob for not notice.
    My ball always h00ked great like 10 boards on a house shot but by the 2nd 3rd games my ball would lose its reaction.....
    I took Stormbowlers/Roberts advice watched his video and washed it, (6 times) Then Went out and got 91% alcohol and wha la!!!
    My ball works great again, Knocked out a 187 and a 208 today and yesterday I got a 167 and a 213
    That way of cleaning works very well doesnt it...lol and always keep the 91% handy with you... i keep a big bottle in my bag at all times for in between sets.. Make sure you have it at trnys that you bowl multiple squads
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 13

without seeing the video (im on a cell phone at that moment) i bet we throw a similar style ball... when im feeling low on revs /lift i tuck my pinky under my hand before i put my fingers in the ball it gets my wrist to cup tighter it seems .i only do it on a real oily lane when i cant see the ball snap and im standing very right and hitting second arrow big thing for me is i rev more when im loose and relaxed,and not thinking about it .some nights im a "tweener" most nights im a "stroker" dont know until i pitch my first ball down the lane good luck my friend keep us posted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast