Thread: Guilty Pleasure Bowling Ball

Chats: 0

Default Guilty Pleasure Bowling Ball

Alright everyone, my name is Drew and I'm new here. What is your "guilty pleasure" bowling ball? I think everyone has had one. You know the ball in your bag that you wish you could bowl with on every night of the week even though you have heard nothing but bad reviews about it. The ball that you may have paid $50 for but bowled your high series/game with or has became your benchmark ball even though it is 5 years old.

Mine has to be the Storm Jolt Solid- I shot 791 and 299 fresh out of the box with mine on heavy oil!! Now I have to talk myself into leaving it out of the bag even if I know I'm bowling on the Shark pattern that night.

Let's hear 'em folks!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I have a Storm Pyro that I have had since the day it came out.. shot 290 with it in a house that has had 1 300 in 12 years and 1 299... I have the 3rd highest game in 12 years there with that ball. It is about done due to logos soon to be coming off.. But i have won thousands with that ball.. I actually found a proshop that had one new that had been sitting there for like 3 years since it came out.. same pin and TW as mine now so i had to buy it...lol Still havent drilled it, im waiting until i offically retire the current
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Bowler

I have a Rapid Fire Solid with a very weak drilling (pin over middle finger, cg in line with grip center) that I paid $40 and it's quickly replacing my T-Road Pearl as my favorite ball. With this drilling the ball goes straight up the boards and then at the last minute it makes a slight move to the pocket and bam! I took the polish off and at 2000 it can handle fresh oil or dry lanes. It is not pretty like the crankers but damn effective.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Well it looks like Storm balls are the "sleeper" favorites. That just shows that they have a great selection of balls from top to bottom. I have liked every Storm I've had but I have never thrown them exclusively. Maybe I should reconsider.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Thats all i have ever throw.. they make a good ball and they last a very long time as well
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 13

my 37 dollar *eaby* lane #1 colbalt bomb pearl has been my *baby* ball for the longest. thought about a jigsaw or a roto rouge cell but for me my wizard and bomb are doing the job.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

Mine would be the Hammer No Mercy. I had heard horror stories from the ease of messing up the drilling on it, to coverstock death, etc. But, this has now become one of my all time favorite balls. I have shot a couple of 800's with my first one, and a 300 with my second one. Great ball, just misunderstood I believe.

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

I still Have my Black Rihno I used 20 some odd years ago, It was the Shiz on the PBA tour in 88
    It still calls to me late at night,"use meeeeeeee,Bowl with me like the Old daysssss"
    Well since it only calls to me at late nights all the allys are closed and I go back to sleep.
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Chats: 13

hehe my favorite back in the day was my purple rhino pro that ball had gusto back in the early 90's rolled my best games/series with it.

Carmel White Dot. Those were the days.

(get off my lawn)
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row