Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should a newbie buy bowling shoes?

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.
    Chats: 0

The cost savings of owning your own shoes will definitely save you money if you are going to be bowling regularly. It's a no brainer if you ask me.
    USBC Silver Certified Coach
    GSLBA Youth Committee
    The Bowling Approach - 'Improve Your Game, Frame By Frame'

Chats: 24

Shoes for less then 30.00 i don't think you are going to have much of a chance but you might find something. I know the pro shop has some for 34.95 but there not the best things in the world. good luck on finding some

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Robert posted it already, but you can get a pair of Rickys for under $30. When I started back, I didnt feel like paying rentals every time out, so I bought a pair of Rickys and they've been pretty darned durable. I've gotten at least $300 worth of wear out of 'em. Probably I will upgrade soon, but they're a great place to start.
    Average: 172
    High game: 286 (6/21/09)

Brian's Wish * The Jason Foundation

Words & Pictures by J. Reyome...updated 29 August 09

Tickled to be tolerated by the nice folks at BowlingBoards.com!

My first pair of shoes were Dexter's (which I gave to my mom)...but then I decided I wanted to go with a more "sneaker" look so I bought a pair of Linds and after a season and a half, the front toe pad started coming unglued. I took it to my pro shop where I had bought them and he glued them. Then not even 2 weeks later, the same toe pad came unglued again, so the pro shop switched them out for another pair of Linds. I didn't even have those a week and the same thing happened. I switched to a pair of Brunswicks and I haven't looked back! That was a year ago. However, if you plan to stick to bowling I suggest going ahead and paying for a good pair of shoes...you won't be sorry!

Chats: 221

Default Good shoes.

The sound footing of a GOOD pair of shoes id important in creating a consistant delivery. The "universal" shoes will do in a pinch. However you would be better served with shoes designed for specific style (RH?LH). You can find some good deals on discontinued shoes on Ebay. I have recently seen Brunswick Swirls there for $70.00. These are sst6's made under a brunswick license and use Dexter soles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12