Thread: New used balls

Chats: 0

Default New used balls

I picked up a couple of used balls today. I have an AMF Angle and a Brunswick LT-48, both 16 lbs. Has anyone here used these before, or are familiar with them? I looked up the Angle and found that they are making a big comeback but the LT was retired by Brunswick 30 years ago. I am looking to start hooking, would these be OK to learn on. They need resurfaced and redrilled to fit me naturally.

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Honestly, pretty much any ball is fine to learn on. The most important thing is to make sure the fit is right and the weight is right. Once you can hook a 15-30 year old ball, the new stuff will be a piece of cake.

Bowler

Chats: 3

In my opinion, you are wasting your money working with those balls. For what you will have invested to have them plugged and re-drilled to fit you, for a few bucks more you can have a decent modern ball. The problem with those "antique" balls, and I use the term loosely, is they were designed for the lanes 30 years ago. The lane surfaces, the lane dressings, and just about every other aspect of the game is different today. What worked 30 years ago will not work well if at all today.

As Graaille said, "Once you can hook a 15-30 year old ball, the new stuff will be a piece of cake." I just don't want to see you get frustrated because the"antiques" don't work as you expect them to.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Chats: 0

Thank guys. I was just hoping to save some $$$. But, what you say makes sense.

Bowler

Chats: 3

Go to your local pro shop. They can determine a good ball to start and fit you with it.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.