Thread: Why is it hard to find a 10lb bowling ball?

Default Why is it hard to find a 10lb bowling ball?

I'm trying to buy a used 10lb bowling ball but when I go on to ebay or the bowling forum all people have are 15 lbs. Why are people only selling 15lbs? Is that the most common bowling ball weight?

Chats: 3

15 lbs is the most desired ball weight. 15 lbs gives you ample pin action without tiring you're arm out (at least I don't get tired/sore throwing 15 lbs)

A 10lb ball won't give you much for pin action....if you can, push yourself to try using a minimum of 13 lbs. 13 won't give you as much pin action as a 15 lb ball, but it will do significantly better than a 10 lb.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

SandBagger
    Chats: 443

Haha i have an 10 lb ball, but its old and not for sale. Im getting a 13 lb ball at the end or the start of next month and hopefully it'll do better then my 10lb ball. Ill keep ya posted when i get it

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I just popped out there to look at my searches. in 6-11 pound used balls at this moment, I show 6 10# balls, 1 11# ball, and a handful of 8&9# balls. I also see as many duckpin balls as I do bowling balls

If you don't think you can go all the way up to 13#, searching for 12# will give you a lot more variety as far as number of balls to choose from. Remember if you like bowling w/10 pounds with a conventional grip -- if you change up to fingertip grip - 12 # will just about feel the same. (strange but true - I did the same thing except I went from 13# conventional to 15# fingertip).