Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best ball you have ever used?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question What is the best ball you have ever used?

I am asking bowlers what is your best ball that you have ever used?

Mine was a Brunswick Danger HPC it was great.
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Man I hate this question ...........there were great balls from different era's

I think the High Score teal storm was a great ball ( Thats right the company we know as storm was called High Score Products when they 1st came out, they later changed the company to Storm Bowling Products)

Another ball I loved was Tracks Sugar ray ko punch
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

I like my Total NV...it's the best I've used so far. My next purchase will be an Emerald VIBE.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

please write on here how you like the vibe
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Way back I really liked my Ebonite Thunderbolt.

Today my favorite is T-Road Pearl.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Back in the day--it was the Pro-Hook Extreme. Out of the box for tournament weekend and shot a 279 on each day. Wore out a Track ball during the 90's. Earlier this year, I started using the Morich Awesome Hook and Awesome Finsih and really liked them. Then a friend turned me to the Track "The Rising"....Different eras-different equipment.

2 things - I have the Green Vibe - and me being a stroker that's not a ball I turn too often. If the lanes have backend, I usually skip the vibe and go to a tropical storm - to get down the lanes. The one thing I noticed about my vibe - drilled pin above ring finger, does skid long and break nice, but impact is a little non-aggressive, maybe more hand will make the ball work. Good Luck if you try it.

My best ball was the Ebonite Gamebreaker, I could use that on fresh shots and second shifts without much movement on feet and marks - does tend to not give hold room inside, but like I said I stroke the ball with little swing, so if I have to swing more, I switch balls. I'm out of my comfort zone if more swinging is needed. I have a tendency to misread this ball - as skid flip is strong on backend. I love the flip on the backend - just with swing (more swing than my normal) it tends to roll out on me.

Now, I got one the Lane#1 Buzzsaw and only with 6 games on fresh house shot - nothing less than 259. No 300 - but a 290 and 279 in there. Carries well and doesn't give me the over/under as bad as most of the other balls I have, this one does not flip too much as it's designed old school (retro) but does get down lane evenly with enough backend outside and hold room inside. I'm going to throw it tonight in league to see how it holds up with 10 bowlers on the pair. I am starting to like this ball a lot - it reads the lanes well and I can adjust from the reads easily.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I've been curious about the buzzsaw, too. That's the retro urethane one, right? The wife loves her Cobalt Solid, but I've been leery to drop that much coin on myself.

As for best balls, my heart will always be with my LT-48, though it'd be pointless to use it today. I still have it and someday I hope to get Johnny Petraglia to autograph it.

Next I fell for the Ebonite Blue Nitro. It's the first ball I got after my return to bowling after a 17 year absence and it amazed me.

Now I'm partial to my Absolute Inferno, though it's starting to show its age and probably needs another resurfacing, but it's the most predictable ball I've got, and I use it as my benchmark.

I have fell for Ebonite's Game Breaker - yes it's a mid range ball - and last year release, but it fits my game very well. I have it drilled pin over ring for longer skid then a nice flip but not over/under like my Venom - the Venom with a small scuff pad made a huge difference in the backend, but still gets down the lane like the Gamebreaker. Although, the venom for me is mid/heavy oil to play outside, when I play inside and swing out - it's over/under at times - but that's out of my comfort area.

I look for equipment that I can play down in long marks 5 - 15 standing center. The No Mercy was my choice until it lost it's edge, then the gamebreaker was purchased and I polished up the No Mercy for more spare shooting.

Default my best ball

the best ball that i have used by far is the hybrid dirty bomb buzzsaw from lane #1 bowling.

up until i acquired the hdb, there were other good balls: ebonite turbo-x, brunswick's pearlized sapphire zone, and the defense zone. once i had that buzzsaw in my hand, it was all over.
    bowls: right handed, average: 208 and rising, style: tweener
    ball company: Lane #1
    rev rate: 385 rpm

breakin' sucka's jaws with my saws

Lane #1 baby.......on the grind

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast