Thread: Another newb here!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Another newb here!

Hello all,
    New guy here. I got back into bowling a year and a half ago after a five year layoff. ( I couldn't handle the cigarette smoke, nothing against smokers though) I am enjoying the game more than ever after having a different guy drill my equipment and change my span. I shot three perfect games last winter season, and averaged 222 and 225 this summer. The technology of the new balls on the market now is amazing. I remember getting a Turbo X (I think it was the first resin ball) and it tracked out in around 20 games. I have over a hundred on my Hammer Spider and it still is in amazing shape.
    I'm just looking to learn more about the game and be a better bowler, and maybe meet some new friends.

Cheers,

Pat

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
    Hello all,
    New guy here. I got back into bowling a year and a half ago after a five year layoff. ( I couldn't handle the cigarette smoke, nothing against smokers though) I am enjoying the game more than ever after having a different guy drill my equipment and change my span. I shot three perfect games last winter season, and averaged 222 and 225 this summer. The technology of the new balls on the market now is amazing. I remember getting a Turbo X (I think it was the first resin ball) and it tracked out in around 20 games. I have over a hundred on my Hammer Spider and it still is in amazing shape.
    I'm just looking to learn more about the game and be a better bowler, and maybe meet some new friends.

Cheers,

Pat
    Hello Pat and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums.

I am honored that you are here and please do tell your friends about us.

Thanks

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Hi and welcome and with a 220+ average I think your good aready and I will be learning from you

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

Welcome Pat, glad to have you aboard. One quick history lesson for everybody out there, the first resin ball made was the X-Calibur by Nu-Line. Marc McDowell was the first to use this ball on TV, and bowling has never been the same since!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Man View Post
    Welcome Pat, glad to have you aboard. One quick history lesson for everybody out there, the first resin ball made was the X-Calibur by Nu-Line. Marc McDowell was the first to use this ball on TV, and bowling has never been the same since!
    Your right, it was purple and I had one of those too! (and it tracked out just as fast as a Turbo X)

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Welcome aboard. I missed the whole start of resin as that was when I had my great bowling hiatus.

Stunning
    Chats: 7

Welcome to the site. That's not bad after a 5 year break! Maybe I should do that and see what happens lol. But there's no way my boyfriend or family would let me get away with that.