Thread: two handed lefty advice

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default two handed lefty advice

Hey guys,

New here, just looking for a bit of feedback.

Apart from the obvious "get closer to the foul line", any constructive feedback is appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFFPlHMH2ew

Cheers!

first and foremost, very nice style. you appear to be balenced at the line or at the end of the delivery. one concern may be your trail leg. it could be nothing but habit, but usually with your trail leg up, that is an indication of trying to throw the ball hard or trying to get some extra pop with your fingers and follow through. let me ask, are you trying to throw the ball harder? maybe on that one shot, too much of your weight is too far forward over your slide foot. only you can answer that. what do you feel at the point of release, as regards your weight over your slide foot?

you get enough ball speed from your feet as you approach the line, that's good. you look comfortable at the point of release, that's good. think of "sitting down on the release, you torso may need to be about 20-25 degrees more erect, that way your can fully relax at release and keep your trail leg down to maintain direction and balence.

i had to watch this shot 5 or 6 times just to break down if anything was wrong at all. since i did not notice any discomfort or uneasiness on your part, that issue with your trail leg and keeping your head level, torso a little more erect, that would be the only tips that i could offer.
    not a whole lot of things wrong here. \
    again, nice delivery, just be aware of your head, torso, trail leg.

good bowling bro'.
    bowls: right handed, average: 208 and rising, style: tweener
    ball company: Lane #1
    rev rate: 385 rpm

breakin' sucka's jaws with my saws

Lane #1 baby.......on the grind

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 24

Is there a advantage to bowling like this. If so i can't see it.

What is Bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by djbigsmooth View Post
    one concern may be your trail leg. it could be nothing but habit, but usually with your trail leg up, that is an indication of trying to throw the ball hard or trying to get some extra pop with your fingers and follow through. let me ask, are you trying to throw the ball harder? maybe on that one shot, too much of your weight is too far forward over your slide foot. only you can answer that. what do you feel at the point of release, as regards your weight over your slide foot?
    Cheers for the feedback!

Funny enough that's probably the one thing my coach has mentioned to me, to get some more consistent balance at the foul line by making sure my back leg is bent enough on the penultimate step and that it is still on the floor as I slide.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterball
    Is there a advantage to bowling like this. If so i can't see it.
    For me, it was more that I had to bowl like this when I started learning to bowl hook. I got a little retarded with my thumb and had so many problems getting it out of the ball properly that one day I just chucked a two hander and it felt alright.

This is the best coaching tips you can get for your style. This is from Kegel Master Coach,Joe Slowinski.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/...ess_drills.pdf