Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** Official New BowlingBoards.com Bowling Award List

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Smile **** Official New BowlingBoards.com Bowling Award List

Hello All Bowlers,

I will be releasing the new bowling award system soon, so this thread is for you to list the bowling awards that you have earned through the years.

At this time please reply to this thread using your username and list the Bowling Awards that you have earned.

If it is not on my list, I will be adding new awards to the list as we go and find new awards.

What I will do is take your list and assign the awards that I have created to your profile. Under your username in your posts you will see a list of awards. Another member can click on your awards and see what you have earned.

You can be proud of what you have done. Whether a 200 series or 100 game, up to 800 series and more.

You do not have to participate, but if you would like to show off your awards, and also I will be assigning BowlingBoards.com awards from time to time.

You can view the awards I have assigned so far at Awards

You can also request awards, and send awards to members who have helped you. This is an alpha stage, and we will get it all looking just right.

I will add some awards to my user name, and you can see an example of what it will look like. If you look at my username to the left you will see the award example

Thanks

Chris - BowlingBoards.com

* Please note that the 300 and 800 awards do not have an image yet. I have been trying to find something to look right for them
    Last edited by The KingPin; 08-30-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Go Broncos!

Bowler

Chats: 3

Chris this sounds like a great idea. I would suggest that you add another award: Hall of Fame.

This could create a very "cluttered" site. As an example I'll list my accomplishments.

Multiple Tournament Winner including
    Multiple City/County Singles and Team championships. (2 singles Tournaments and 2 team championships and 1 Tournament of Champions)
    Multiple League Champions
    100 pins over average game - 290 game with a 188 average at the time.
    250 game as above
    Multiple 700 series with 781 high series
    Bowling Boards Gift award. I won the first ball raffled off. (Thanks again)
    and last but not least County Hall of Fame for meritorious service, inducted in 2005.

I know there are numerous bowlers, many on these boards, who will outshine my accomplishments. If everyone lists everything it will consume a lot of space. I do like the concept though.

Thanks
    Mike
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Chris this sounds like a great idea. I would suggest that you add another award: Hall of Fame.

This could create a very "cluttered" site. As an example I'll list my accomplishments.

Multiple Tournament Winner including
    Multiple City/County Singles and Team championships. (2 singles Tournaments and 2 team championships and 1 Tournament of Champions)
    Multiple League Champions
    100 pins over average game - 290 game with a 188 average at the time.
    250 game as above
    Multiple 700 series with 781 high series
    Bowling Boards Gift award. I won the first ball raffled off. (Thanks again)
    and last but not least County Hall of Fame for meritorious service, inducted in 2005.

I know there are numerous bowlers, many on these boards, who will outshine my accomplishments. If everyone lists everything it will consume a lot of space. I do like the concept though.

Thanks
    Mike

Hello Mike,

The purpose of this thread is for you to tell me what you have won, and then you get an award under your user name for the awards that we have to match what you have earned. So after we take care of the present members, the new members will be easier as we can take care of them as they join.

Also each member here is a person. You have feelings, a heart, and some sort of ambition to make you want to earn the awards that you have. If it took 1000 pages, I want to hear each and every members goals, and accomplishments.

We will have members here who have bowled there first 100 game. I am proud of them.

We have members who finally have a 135 average, I am proud of them.

No matter your skill level, we are all equal here and I am proud of every member for the goals they have achieved.

So although I understand your concerns of the space it takes, please consider Me, This site, and its members a pat on the back as we are all proud of you for what you have done.

Great work and keep it up.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Bowler

Please don't misunderstand, I know and work with bowlers for whom a 135 average is a milestone to be congratulated and applauded.

That is one of the things I disagree with USBC on: reducing/eliminating awards. I believe they should be increased. What better way to keep someone interested than to acknowledge them for their acheivements no matter how small.

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Please don't misunderstand, I know and work with bowlers for whom a 135 average is a milestone to be congratulated and applauded.

That is one of the things I disagree with USBC on: reducing/eliminating awards. I believe they should be increased. What better way to keep someone interested than to acknowledge them for their acheivements no matter how small.

Exactly Mike I am glad you are with me! Bowlers at all skill levels want to have goals and steps. Without these things, it takes some things away from the great game of bowling. If we turn into a world of "if you don't have a 300 ring your a no body" then where is the fun, and loyalty that has been passed down through the years?

So in my own way i am trying to bring that spirit here. And I thank you for being here. You help inspire many bowlers with your wisdom and you help make this site a better place because of your actions.

Thanks so much

Chris
    Go Broncos!

My awards that I have gotten via USBC are:

2 Most Improved Awards (female)
    1 League Champions Award
    And I think a few more, but will have to dig out my patches to see!

~BowlnBrat~

Visit my FaceBook here!
    Equipment: 10# Brunswick Rattler, 10# Storm Tropical Storm (blue & orange) & 10# Ebonite Maxim (hot pink)

Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

My highs are

best improved bower twice in three seasons

High game of 263

High series 599

My new best is:

HG - 299
    HS - 714
    Talk To Your Ball, Listen To The Lane!

RH, HG 299, HS 714

In The Bag
    Energy - Gravity - Bite - Maxim

I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

298, 11 in a row (2x)
    scratch high team house series (3486)
    100 over average (game)
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

my records are:
    high scratch game 269
    high scratch series (sanctioned) 679
    high scratch series 720

league high average
    league champion
    all spare game
    won a state tournament back in 2000
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast