Thread: I need some help. WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ?

What is Bowling?
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Cool I need some help. WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ?

I have been bowling on a league for about seven years now . In every house I have been in they have cleaned and oiled the lanes and finished 20min. before practice. Now with that said the hose I’m bowling in now oils and clean lanes at 9 or 11 am we start practice at 6:45 pm and I live in Phoenix , Az. HOT in the summer. Now the House says that is normal and there is nothing wrong with the lanes. I’m not a an expert but when oil sets it will gather to low spots on a surface. No matter how thick it is. Is this House in the wrong or is this practice elsewhere? Let me know…. Please…………..

Chats: 3

My family owns a house and I've never heard of oil settling. It has been common practice at our house, depending on the league, to oil ahead of time. For example, after Friday night neon bowling is over at midnight, our mechanic will oil for the Saturday morning youth league that comes in at 9am.

The only time we oil right before a league, is if the lanes have been bowled on. We always make sure there's a fresh shot on the lanes...regardless of when it was put down....no one else will have touched it before the league bowlers come in.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

At the house where I normally bowl, they dress the lanes in the mornings and they don't touch them again until the following morning. That is unless in the contract that a league has with the house, they specify freshly dressed lanes. Two of the leagues I'm in have the dressing requirement specified. Many others do not.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

John from Kegel recommends at least 20 mins before league play. You want some consistency though. I know from past experience that the center where I used to bowl, the scores were higher when the lanes were done right before league play.

The house I bowl at always oils before the evening leagues! I roll on 2 leagues at the moment, one at 630pm and the other at 7pm (2 diff nights) and the lanes always have fresh oil. Plus, once the "league" lanes have been oiled, the house doesn't put free bowlers on those lanes. The lanes are always oiled no later than 6pm every day.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

They tend to oil the lanes before any leauge normaly about 30 min before