I've got 2 of these, both at the same grit level.
The first has pin barely over ring, cg 1" right of stacked and no weight hole - which works out to be 4x3 layout for me. This is the ball I use for playing anywhere between first and second arrow to a breakpoint at around the 3rd to 6th board, especially if the oil is light to medium - or has been beaten up quite a bit.

The second is pin 1.5" under index finger, cg at 45 degrees southeast with a weight hole - which works out to be a 5.5x3.5 layout for me. This is the ball I use for playing anywhere between 2nd and 4th arrow to a breakpoint of between the 10th and 14th board. This layout makes it a smoother transition between oil and dry for me - not near the kick the first one provides off the dry.

Characteristics of both drills - they both need you to be assertative - not necessarily needing to be thrown fast, but they will show you if you don't balance your revs with your speed. More speed than revs - it'll take out the 3-6 pocket every time, more revs than speed and you'll be going brooklyn or taking out the 4 or 7 pin with ease. ( I do occasionally use the second ball to pick up left side spares just by slowing down the speed).

Solid resin to the core - which ensure the maximum transfer of energy to the pins, and they do sound impressive when they hit the pins. I have had someone come over while I was practicing and ask if I would move down a few lanes because of the startling crack of the ball hitting the pins was distracting them from their shot.

I do love this release from LaneMasters - but it does come with the LaneMasters price tag. Well worth the money in my eyes, but many pro shops either don't or can't get these balls with any regularity, and dropping $150 online to get one shipped is a steep price for the dollar conscious. However, if you get one - it'll outlast pretty much any other ball you might have from another manufacturer.