Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does PAP influence ball reaction?

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Yes, it's drilled for a lefty, but if the oil ring pattern you've got on the image is correct, it's tracking for a righty - and if that's the case, your pin position put's it in an extremely weak position. That's why I said put the pin/cg in more of a neutral position for either hand.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Yes, I agree with you.

I'm wondering if the ball isn't being released with the fingers in front of the thumb. That the thumb is doing the lifting, not the fingers. Maybe that explains the wrong side track. She does lead the downswing with the back of her hand facing the pins. I just assumed that when she flipped it clockwise her fingers got under the ball.
    hmmmmm , have to think about that for awhile and how to tape the ball to see which direction it's turning, fingers first or thumb first upon release. This is crazyyyyyy
    Thanks for the ideas.

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Sadly, that's not the first time I've seen that particular release in action. You wouldn't have to tape the ball, just stand at the foul line with your back to the pins and watch her forearm. You see the back/top of it, she's leading with the fingers (not what you want) - you see the front/bottom of it, she's leading w/the thumb (exactly what you want).

Chats: 221

are you measuring the pap to the right of the grip or the left? as a backup bowler the pap would be to the left side. if you are measuring to the right side that would explain the 7 1/2 inch pap
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

What is Bowling?

Ah, the PAP measurement. This one of the contradictions which is driving me crazy.

The PAP was assumed to be on the left hand side of the ball. (Ball in fingers over thumb position).
    This is where the 7 1/2" came from.

Another poster said no, the PAP would be on the other side since 7 1/2" is more than 1/4 way around the ball. Putting the PAP on the right side gave me a 6 3/4" distance, but on the wrong side for a backup.

With a piece of tape on the PAP as originally measured, as the ball rolls down the lane, the tape is on the right side of the ball and about 3" up off the lane and maybe 30 deg back towards the foul line. Lower right corner of ball.

If I put the tape on the right side (6 3/4"), I wouldn't be able to see it as the ball rolled. It would be near the top of the ball ont the left side facing the pins.

Everything seems backwards and upsidedown.

What is Bowling?

Maybe this picture will help clarify what I'm trying to say.
    Righthander throwing left handed layout for backup delivery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12