Thread: League talk

Chats: 24

Default League talk

Hi guys.
    I am not getting something about the Leagues there are things i just don't understand no matter how much i ask at the alley i always get this fast talking story that i do not know what the guy is talking about.

Now for one when you join do you have to bowl every time they have a game going.>>sometimes i have to work.

The cost to bowl in the League I have seen flyer's that say 12.00 per game some say 9.00 then we have some that is 15.00 Is this just to bowl in the League games for that night. so if i go every weekend and bowl with the League players i pay the cost every weekend. and this covers my games with the League for that day. are is this a cost i will have to pay for every game i bowl with them.

I know i am lost as a dog with out a tail.

Chats: 3

Leagues are charged per week, not per game. So if the flier says $15, then it's $15 per week. Most leagues will allow you to pre-bowl if you are unable to make it....some have rules regarding this....like you may only pre-bowl 2 weeks in a row. Check with your league president to see what their rules are regarding pre-bowling.
    If you go into your center to pre-bowl...you must make sure they know that it's a pre-bowl before you begin...to ensure that your scores get turned in.
    Also, if you miss a week, you are still responsible for paying...whether or not you were there.

Hope that answers some questions for you!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    Leagues are charged per week, not per game. So if the flier says $15, then it's $15 per week. Most leagues will allow you to pre-bowl if you are unable to make it....some have rules regarding this....like you may only pre-bowl 2 weeks in a row. Check with your league president to see what their rules are regarding pre-bowling.
    If you go into your center to pre-bowl...you must make sure they know that it's a pre-bowl before you begin...to ensure that your scores get turned in.
    Also, if you miss a week, you are still responsible for paying...whether or not you were there.

Hope that answers some questions for you!
    Same here in the UK

That is great that was the answer i was looking for. Thanks a ton, Now to work on my game it is a sad thing
    But i have not bowled in 22 years. I now have three games under the belt again. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by gutterball; 09-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Good Luck gutterball
    When I started 10 months ago after a 20 year layoff it was bad.
    I found so many problems with my game that came at me one or two at a time, One time it was my left ankle, next it was my right knee, then it was my wrist then my back. Lol I thought I was breakin down, but I kept on and now nothin hurts and I'm closeing in on a 190 avg............. Don't give up.....
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
    That is great that was the answer i was looking for. Thanks a ton, Now to work on my game it is a sad thing
    But i have not bowled in 22 years. I now have three games under the belt again. Wish me luck.
    Good luck but you wont need it for long as your average will soon be going up, but keep us informed as how you are doing

Oh Mr Bill you just don't know bad. I could be out bowled buy a 2 year old i think. No it's not that bad but it is not good either. I went yesterday and bowled two games Highest points was the last one and my score was 118 that Suxs bad. But i can still take out a spare real well i have not lost my aim i just cant get the same throw every time i roll the ball. I feel sloppy like i cant control the ball and it is controlling me .

Chats: 3

Quote Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
    Oh Mr Bill you just don't know bad. I could be out bowled buy a 2 year old i think. No it's not that bad but it is not good either. I went yesterday and bowled two games Highest points was the last one and my score was 118 that Suxs bad. But i can still take out a spare real well i have not lost my aim i just cant get the same throw every time i roll the ball. I feel sloppy like i cant control the ball and it is controlling me .
    Don't be hard on yourself. You just need practice. Most people see some improvement by the end of the season...so just work toward making your average every week.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Yea i am not going to beat my self up anymore i am gone to go bowling.I just got to get back in he Swing of things get my arm back working with where my eyes are looking LOL.