Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Motiv any Good?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Is Motiv any Good?

Hello to all Motiv Bowlers,

I am curious if Motiv is any good? I have not heard a lot about them and curious who owns them, if they are a great ball for PBA patterns, or just a throw away ball?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 2315

I believe they're located in the old Brunswick plant in Muskegon, Michigan I think it is. They're the makers of Tech-Line Ball Plug and they've produced some of the older Brunswick cores when they were there. One of their releases has a modified Inferno core. In other words, they've been around but now they're a separate ball company. I personally want to try them out.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Where is Motivgirl? I would think this would be right up her alley, so to speak. Ken had a guy from Motiv on a while back at the start of the show. The graphics that are part of the coverstock is a great idea, I think.

Kevin, do you know the name of the person from that show if that was the case? Most likely Scott Hewitt, who is either the owner or very high up.

Chats: 0

MOTIV balls are some of the best equipment I have ever thrown,and believe me I have owned over
    300 bowling balls in my lifetime.MOTIV has four balls the TX1,SX1,GT1,and the TR2, all released since
    within the last 10 months.Not to bad for a company new to the market.A new ball will be released
    November 1,2009.Keep a eye for this one.It will fit in between the GT1 and the TR2. I have only heard
    a few bad things about the balls,usually the ball did not match up to the persons game.So you have a
    few negative reviews.This happens to all new companies not everyone will like every product.
    MOTIV is now registered with the PBA for regional use and the senior tour.The cost for the national
    PBA tour is about 165,000.00.MOTIV is trying trying to use their money in the right way.Get in on the grass
    roots watch players have success and grow from there.MOTIV just had a regional player finish in third
    place in a PBA central tournament in Fort Wayne IN this past weekend,he lost to the eventual winner.So
    not to bad of a start.MOTIV is produced by Tech-Line Products of Spring Lake,MI.Just about 8-10 miles
    south of Muskegon,MI.
    As for as the products go I am thrilled with the equipment.After only using them for 1 1/2 months starting
    at the end of February 2009,I shoot 300 on back to back nights in the middle of April on with the GT1
    and the next night with the SX1.At the USBC Queens in Reno at the end of April 09 the balls helped
    me qualify 42 ,only a injured finger keep me from making it further in match play.The balls match up
    very well for tougher patterns and very well on house shots.MOTIV is not a throwaway company.They
    are going to be around awhile. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...r_motiv_b.html
    Angela Wilt/MOTIV Staff Member

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.

With a name like Motiv Girl she can't possibly be biased...kidding aside, I really like what Motiv is doing with their graphics technology, but I really hope to see them take that to new levels with their next set of releases. Only time will tell. Though I've personally never thrown a motiv ball, I've seen others throwing them, and have yet to hear a compliant.
    USBC Silver Certified Coach
    GSLBA Youth Committee
    The Bowling Approach - 'Improve Your Game, Frame By Frame'

i havent heard anything bad about them..not much but they got some good early rolling stuff...havent really heard much but they look great for the cranker as they are conrtollable

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv Girl View Post
    MOTIV balls are some of the best equipment I have ever thrown,and believe me I have owned over
    300 bowling balls in my lifetime.MOTIV has four balls the TX1,SX1,GT1,and the TR2, all released since
    within the last 10 months.Not to bad for a company new to the market.A new ball will be released
    November 1,2009.Keep a eye for this one.It will fit in between the GT1 and the TR2. I have only heard
    a few bad things about the balls,usually the ball did not match up to the persons game.So you have a
    few negative reviews.This happens to all new companies not everyone will like every product.
    MOTIV is now registered with the PBA for regional use and the senior tour.The cost for the national
    PBA tour is about 165,000.00.MOTIV is trying trying to use their money in the right way.Get in on the grass
    roots watch players have success and grow from there.MOTIV just had a regional player finish in third
    place in a PBA central tournament in Fort Wayne IN this past weekend,he lost to the eventual winner.So
    not to bad of a start.MOTIV is produced by Tech-Line Products of Spring Lake,MI.Just about 8-10 miles
    south of Muskegon,MI.
    As for as the products go I am thrilled with the equipment.After only using them for 1 1/2 months starting
    at the end of February 2009,I shoot 300 on back to back nights in the middle of April on with the GT1
    and the next night with the SX1.At the USBC Queens in Reno at the end of April 09 the balls helped
    me qualify 42 ,only a injured finger keep me from making it further in match play.The balls match up
    very well for tougher patterns and very well on house shots.MOTIV is not a throwaway company.They
    are going to be around awhile. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...r_motiv_b.html
    Angela Wilt/MOTIV Staff Member

Do you have any contact information for anyone at Motiv that I could talk to about there products?
    Go Broncos!

Phone: 1-800-235-8324
    Email: service@techlineproducts.com

I don't know who you'd be talking to at either of those as those are just on their site. Maybe Angela knows how to get ahold of specific people.

King Pin,the person you need to talk to is Scott Hewitt.Scott is the marketing director.MOTIV numbers
    are 616-850-9868,and 800-235-8324.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast