Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Elite and Morich being phased out?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default What do you think about Elite and Morich being phased out?

Ok so it was said that bowlers have to phase out any ball from Morich and Elite as they are not registered with the PBA any more.

Have you ever used these balls?

What are your thoughts on this?

Maybe they were junk anyways?
    Go Broncos!

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.
    Chats: 0

Umm morich stuff isn't really junk, they were manufactured by brunswick, so if you don't like brunswick you probably don't like morich. I never liked elite because they came out with some absurdly priced balls without providing the value the end user desired (but that is just my humble opinion). I'm all for super expensive equipment if it fills a market need, and provides some cutting edge stuff. Elite didn't do either.

As for phasing them out, just because the PBA isn't carrying them (though I'm not too sure on that, being that WRW is using Morich last I checked) doesn't mean you can't use them for leagues and such. You just wouldn't be able to use them at PBA events.

I still think there is plenty of manufacturers making more than enough equipment than we can handle. I don't really foresee the loss of a couple players really affecting the sport all that greatly.

I'd love to hear what other people have to say about this.
    USBC Silver Certified Coach
    GSLBA Youth Committee
    The Bowling Approach - 'Improve Your Game, Frame By Frame'

Chats: 2315

I'm personally not a fan, so it doesn't affect me. Elite is just plain overpriced like Lane#1 in my opinion. Morich only had WRW Jr as far as I know, or at least that was their only guy that made shows. I don't think they're anything special either.

moich has some really good early rolling equipment that could be drilled many ways. i personally liked the awsome flip and the saharah. so im bummed about not using thoses two anymore

elite was great out of the box! jus seemed like they didnt last very long.loved the green alien and the black label

Several of my friends have MoRich balls and they seemed to wear out and not react as well after a few games, so I never tried one myself...
    Thanks,
    Paul
    USBC Bronze Level Coach
    http://bowling.psaunders.net

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I've wanted to try Elite, but just never saw many come up as first drill for sales.... wasn't going to pay full price for 'em. Now that they're getting phased out, I see NIB blems for decent prices, but still not quite ready to come off the cash for their stuff.

Morich I've also never tried, but the people who I've seen use their equipment either love or hate them - no real middle ground. I think you have to have a knowledgable ball driller for asymmetrics who also knows your game to really see the benefit of using Morich's equipment. Some manufacturers you can use generic drillings and it's gonna work decently - I'm not sure Morich is one of those manufacturers tho.

i only had one never liked it.. as the old saying goes, u gotta pay to play!

Chats: 221

Basically i think it came down to not getting value for money spent. It's quite costly to register equipment for use in PBA competition and due to lack of exposure the companies probably decided in todays economic situations it was not worth it.Mo designs and produces great stuff but it tends to be too strong for use in my area. Elite just seemed too expensive for old cover and core technology from Brunswicks past
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I've been using the MoRich Awesome Finish for a while. It's not my "go to" ball anymore, in fact I'm using it as an experiment ball. I picked it up used several years ago, and really liked it when I first used it, but as other equipment emerged, MoRich fell by the wayside. I'm using it now to try throwing without grips-and liking it.

MoRich was on the expensive side of life, I doubt I would pay full price for a new one. Why would MoRich introduce the Frenzy when they are being phased out? I thought they were not continuing the PBA side of life.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

MoRich is still alive and well. Just not ok for use in PBA competition
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast