Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man this site sucks, its horrible, shut it down

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Man this site sucks, its horrible, shut it down

Ok so if your reading this you may have thought...

Wow I like this site

Or

I agree with this person

I was on the pba.com site and a I noticed a post talking about the new bowl.com site.

As I read the posts, they were exactly like the title of this thread. Bowlers were complaining so bad, they were writing letters to the USBC, and everyone they can. Members were turning on each other, bashing one another, telling each other if they did not like what they had to say to not read it, and on and on.

I will tell you my friends, this is the EXACT reason BowlingBoards.com was created. There might be 8 million bowlers all over the world, but there has to be a handful just like you who appreciate a fun and positive environment.

I know members have gotten mad in the past about our strong censorship rules, and we do mess up from time to time. And we did have a case were grass was gr$#^ so I do mess up, but no one bashes each other, many of us go by first names, and we have a great time.

Anyways I just wanted to share what i noticed on other sites.

If anyone ever has an issue with anyone here, let me know. If you don't like something we do here, let me know. Many times something can be changed very fast. A member asked me to add a 900 Global review section as we had missed it, it was added within the hour if not 10 minutes after the posting.

I am not saying that as the owner I do not mess up from time to time, but I assure you that the members are #1 here.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

I have heard a lot of complaints about bowl.com as well....mostly that it's users do not feel like their opinions are valued or the webmasters care...which is a shame. In my opinion, the only thing I think bowl.com is good for is a source of yearbook average lookup.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

i agree.. the new bowl.com is horrible!!! they charged my credit card 3 times for 33$ when i was renewing my membership.. it kept getting an error message and after calling them they said keep tryin.. well little did i know that when i was trying it was charging...ugh
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Stunning
    Chats: 7

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    In my opinion, the only thing I think bowl.com is good for is a source of yearbook average lookup.
    i do have to agree on this one, thats pretty much the only thing i've ever used bowl.com for. but the new setup is horrible.
    Jennifer
    19 years old
    bowling for 13 years
    current equipment:
    storm: hyroad, virtual gravity, ace
    ebonite: NVS, showtime, clash
    brunswick: twisted fury

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Quote Originally Posted by StormGirl712 View Post
    i do have to agree on this one, thats pretty much the only thing i've ever used bowl.com for. but the new setup is horrible.
    Thats all I use it for now as well.
    I go to our Fantasy bowling to look up PBA players tho
    Last edited by mrbill; 09-08-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Some people had mentioned that they moderate every post before it goes live. I think you can have every extreme we are more community feeling and like the pba site you are up for bashing. But really is it that hard to be nice to people? If the bowl.com site is so bad was it good once?
    Go Broncos!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

well I think "THE KING PIN" needs a pat on the back for giving us such a good site where everyone is helpful and full of fun with it. So a BIG THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GOOD SITE

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    In my opinion, the only thing I think bowl.com is good for is a source of yearbook average lookup.
    I agree and find the new layout of bowl.com is horrible as well. It's not as easy to navigate as it once was and to someone who's new to bowling and to USBC, well, that's gonna make navigating that site harder especially when that site is pushed into a new bowlers face. Now that I have figured out WHERE they hid the member look up information, that's all I will be using it for anymore...a source of yearbook average lookup! I'm the daughter of the secretary for a sanctioned league, and we are always in need of look ups on members and I"m usually the one that does it. Although, this year we were actually GIVEN a USBC yearbook for our area so I may not be using bowl.com anymore. I definitely will not recommend bowl.com to new bowlers...I have found a new website to refer them too...

It's called BowlingBoards.com!!!!

~BowlnBrat~

Visit my FaceBook here!
    Equipment: 10# Brunswick Rattler, 10# Storm Tropical Storm (blue & orange) & 10# Ebonite Maxim (hot pink)

Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com!!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Some people had mentioned that they moderate every post before it goes live. I think you can have every extreme we are more community feeling and like the pba site you are up for bashing. But really is it that hard to be nice to people? If the bowl.com site is so bad was it good once?
    the site was good when it was simple and to the point.. they tried to make it too flashy.. i cant find like half the stuff i used to use like the part to look up the pba patterns and how to play them...HORRIBLE!!
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 24

well let me ring in here about this place. It is Great i do realty like it and the ppl here are very helpful. before i found your guys i had joined up on one of the other sites my first post there was what is lane1 I did not have a clue they was a bowling ball company well the first post was.....You got to be kidding me...... after that i was the dumb new guy no one would answer any Question i ask with out having a attitude about it. so off i went looking for a different forum to talk on and try to learn something on. And here i am you guys are stuck with me now. Thanks kingpin for the great site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast