Thread: You miss left, you move left, miss right, move right.

SandBagger
    Chats: 443

Default You miss left, you move left, miss right, move right.

I heard this from Park Bohn lll and i was wondering if it works. He says if you miss left you move left, miss right, move right. But does this only work if your shot was close to the headpin? Like when you miss the pocket just by a little leaving a split or others? When you get a split its cause you missed right of the pocket / headpin so you move right. Atleast i think you move right o.o Ahhh, its so confusing.

You keep the same target but you move right / left depending which you miss. Can someone care to explain?
    Name: Marco
    Bowling balls: Power Groove Reactive Brunswick and Storm Furious.
    Bowling Experience: 4 - 5 years in total, but 4 years was mostly family fun but this year I actually want to get better and learn more about bowling.

Extraacount from BowlingBoards.com

Stunning
    Chats: 7

Okay, this is true...however if your only missing a little left or right, just make a minor move. Sometimes it could be hand positioning too but to keep it simple, just move your feet a board or a board and a half in the direction you missed. Also, if you tend to be leavin 10 pins over and over, just take half a step back in the approach, if that doesn't work you can move your feet half a board left/right depending.
    Jennifer
    19 years old
    bowling for 13 years
    current equipment:
    storm: hyroad, virtual gravity, ace
    ebonite: NVS, showtime, clash
    brunswick: twisted fury

Future PBA Baller

Post less chance to get a gutter?

Quote Originally Posted by extraacount View Post
    I heard this from Park Bohn lll and i was wondering if it works. He says if you miss left you move left, miss right, move right. But does this only work if your shot was close to the headpin? Like when you miss the pocket just by a little leaving a split or others? When you get a split its cause you missed right of the pocket / headpin so you move right. Atleast i think you move right o.o Ahhh, its so confusing.

You keep the same target but you move right / left depending which you miss. Can someone care to explain?
    yes parker is right. the reason is that you will have more lane and less chance to get a gutter. Just move like they say and square your shoulders/shoulder with the pin, that means turn your feet towards the pin your shooting at and line up your ball shoulder and swing arm with the pin, then on release follow through and let your fore arm end up near your ear.
    Last edited by mrbill; 09-11-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by extraacount View Post

Yes Jennifer is right.. also if you see that you are missing left like going through the head pin, instead of moving left sometimes I will move up some on the approach to get the ball a little past the current break point.. same thing if your ball is missing slightly right and not getting back to pocket, take a minor adjustment back to get the breakpoint earlier.. This working when you need to very fine tune a shot.. I use it more so when I start to go through the nose..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

SandBagger

Ok, thanks for clearing things up
    Bowling Experience: 4 - 5 years in total, but 4 years was mostly family fun but this year I actually want to get better and learn more about bowling.

Stunning
    Chats: 7

Sure thing(: happy to help anytime.
    Jennifer
    19 years old
    bowling for 13 years
    current equipment:
    storm: hyroad, virtual gravity, ace
    ebonite: NVS, showtime, clash
    brunswick: twisted fury

Chats: 221

But you also need to keep en mind that after moving a couple boards with your feet you many times have to make a parralel move with your target. Many times on todays house shots just moving your feet will make the ball hook nore as you catch the "dry" sooner and more of it. You need to watch your balls motion all the way through the pin deck to make proper adjustments

SandBagger

Yes, i understand, right now im just trying to understand the concepts of moving and how it'll affect the hook or i should say my hook. So right now im just moving my feet for now and finding a proper position to throw with my storm furious.